I think some of the mods (or one) has OCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fairybasslet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yeah yeah yeah. We all love and appreciate the mods. But honestly. To snip off snipe hunting from the annual chamber ride thread doesn't make any sense. I opted out of the humor forum when I search for new posts and would never even think to look there for answers to it. It was a slight diversion in the chamber thread, not a hijack and certainly not deserving of being split off into an entirely different forum. JMHO.

You're right - I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder when it comes to my dive gear.

I even have this little work bench that my doubles sit up on all assembled, with work lights shining on them and all, so I can tweak this and that or obsess over trivial details! :) It's a sad, sad case...

But I never go into the humor forum and haven't recently split off anything from any thread into another forum.

But now if you want to talk about dive gear........ :D

Cooltech:
It is being raised again in the original thread due to the fact that it appears the orignal poster IS being hazed by his dive club.
The Yearly DC visit thread has been posted in the Diving Medicine forum.

Therefore, all banter (even though it is an amusing story) doesn't belong there. If this turns out to be a hazing story (we don't know) then there's no reason to split it. But it would also require moving the thread to Non Diving Related Stuff or the Humor forum.

El Orans:
The Yearly DC visit thread has been posted in the Diving Medicine forum.

Therefore, all banter (even though it is an amusing story) doesn't belong there. If this turns out to be a hazing story (we don't know) then there's no reason to split it. But it would also require moving the thread to Non Diving Related Stuff or the Humor forum.
But, that answer is incorrect as well.

If it was a medical question based on the poster's thought. It belongs in the medical area.

If it is shown to be a hazing ritual, it still belongs there as a VALID medical question with a great explanation as to why it is not so.

Is this the Whine forum...?

I saw the two threads. Looks like efficient volunteer work to me - more than many Mods want to mess with doing. The humor part was not really appropriate for the Medical forum, and if I were a Mod - I'd probly just delete those posts with PMs to the posters. Good thing I'm not, huh...?

Instead, I got to post an appropriate remark about the Medical issue on the thread in the Medical forum and pictures of Snipes and Hunters in the Humor forum that I would never have added in the Medical forum, I hope.

Good job, well done. :thumb:

CoolTech:
But, that answer is incorrect as well.

If it was a medical question based on the poster's thought. It belongs in the medical area.

If it is shown to be a hazing ritual, it still belongs there as a VALID medical question with a great explanation as to why it is not so.
I have to agree with Cooltech. It would make absolutely no sense to move the whole thread about the annual chamber ride into the humor column. You know why? There's going to be a repeat of this question at some point in the future, then people are going to post "Why didn't you do a search, and start insulting the poster, and it will turn out that he/she had done a search in the dive medicine forum but nothing appeared. And why didn't it appear? Because it was moved to the humor, or non-diving forum. Sometimes, these things can be over thought. But if you really want to make this thread clean, you should split off Baby Duck's post into some other forum, like "You wanna go camping?" forum.

In this thread, I'm splitting off the first post to Whine and Cheeze, the second post to Humor, and the other ones to Non-Diving related. Then I'm deleting Don's post because I don't like his hat.

Hey now. Stay on topic. Let's not turn this into a HOH/NHOH debate. It'll need split off into it's own thread then.
(fyi: HOH=hats on head)

DandyDon:
Good thing I'm not, huh...?
You got that right.
DandyDon:
Good job, well done. :thumb:
:shakehead

So what happened to all the comments about the hat? Were they deleted? Moved to the silly hat forum?:rofl3:
Maybe notes should be put in the original thread advising readers where they can turn to to continue reading the comments that have been moved. :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom