i survived the tsunami!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clive francis:
i mentioned to her that work was bad and i was thinking of retraining and she said to do that while i was off sick.

so that is what i am going to do.

you're right on. in my experience, something that shakes your life so much sort
of requires you to assemble the whole thing together again... and my desire was
to do it right, to get it right this time. it seemed impossible at the time, but one
step at a time gets you really, really far

in a way, it is a blessing we get, to have that chance to start again

Dear Clive

Did you manage to keep in touch with that Czech girl and her family?How is she doing now?

Raymond

Hi Clive,
I was there in Maya bay that time... but I didn't see what you saw. I was there with my wife... in the water on the left curve by the left side of the beach under the cliff.. trying desperately to hole on the rocks and with bleeding in head and and my fingers with my nails chipped just trying to hold onto the rocks in that current... Me and my wife survived when for fraction of minute the water came upto my knees and me and my wife could escape to the shore.. I remember the cliff I climbed and stayed there for an hour or so in that scorching sun's heat and with a bright red bloody spot in my head... but I never saw anyone gravely injured as you described... did I miss something? maybe... but anyway... we all survived that disaster.. God bless you...

brbista:
Hi Clive,
I was there in Maya bay that time... but I didn't see what you saw. I was there with my wife... in the water on the left curve by the left side of the beach under the cliff.. trying desperately to hole on the rocks and with bleeding in head and and my fingers with my nails chipped just trying to hold onto the rocks in that current... Me and my wife survived when for fraction of minute the water came upto my knees and me and my wife could escape to the shore.. I remember the cliff I climbed and stayed there for an hour or so in that scorching sun's heat and with a bright red bloody spot in my head... but I never saw anyone gravely injured as you described... did I miss something? maybe... but anyway... we all survived that disaster.. God bless you...

i said i was in loh sama bay, that is the bay before maya bay.

i fail to see how any one could be in the area and not see any one severly injured or dead!

are you sure you were in the right maya bay in the right indian ocean as there was death and destruction everywhere you looked.

to say you never saw any one gravely injured as i described and then ask did i miss something, you might as well just come straight out and call me a liar.

after all the international press coverage then and now, you come out with statements like that and your timing is impeccable 1 day after the 6 month aniversary.

way to go!

docrayboy:
Dear Clive

Did you manage to keep in touch with that Czech girl and her family?How is she doing now?

Raymond

i got a couple of photo's from her dad a month or so ago, he couldn't thank me enough and said that next time he comes to the UK he would take me out.

he comes over now and then for medical conventions as he is a DR/Chemist.

he said that she had revovered physically but was still suffering in other ways.

clive francis:
you might as well just come straight out and call me a liar.

just as a neutral observer, clive, i don't think that's what he meant

clearly, this is still creating strong emotions in you. are you still seeing someone
about it? hope you are. hope you are doing better.

hang in there; it gets better

I think You missed the point . I don't doubt about what you did. I just said that I was in the Maya Bay that time.. sorry for if I have mocked you .... I thought you were talking about Maya Bay... the description matched and you were not sure too... coz I didn't find anyone so gravely injured there that day... I was there in the water trying to survive... still feel that current... so don't say that I am a blind person... God bless you...

hey, brbista, you too, man... i hope you are doing well... hell of a thing to go
through... it gets better

brbista:
I think You missed the point . I don't doubt about what you did. I just said that I was in the Maya Bay that time.. sorry for if I have mocked you .... I thought you were talking about Maya Bay... the description matched and you were not sure too... coz I didn't find anyone so gravely injured there that day... I was there in the water trying to survive... still feel that current... so don't say that I am a blind person... God bless you...

ok

thats the trouble with text, doesn't always come across as you always hope.

you must have one hell of a hand shake to hang on to the rocks in that current!!!

clive francis:
ok

thats the trouble with text, doesn't always come across as you always hope.

you must have one hell of a hand shake to hang on to the rocks in that current!!!
I didn't hold on to the rocks ... I was trying to hold on to the rocks ... I was frantically trying to stay float with all my strength.. I tried to hold on those spiky slimy rocks... the current didn't allow me to hold and stay.. I got multiple bruises on my fingers and wrists..... my nails cracked.... I hit hard on the rock... my head was bleeding... I hit the rocks many time ... I had bruises over my shoulder and so my wife's.. after a moment in the water, the current took me little farther and I couldn't see my wife... I was terrified... I was in my honeymoon... so my hand shake is not that strong... but my will to survive was... I am happy I made it and so did the people in Maya Bay that day.... But I am sad for all those family who will never see their lost one in the next christmas....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom