I shall do it MY WAY syndrome

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ronald K:
I considered the eclipse wing but since it has no shoulder dump other than the corrugated hose. Anybody there who can assure me that its ok without the shoulder dump?

I have about 50 dives on my Eclipse 30 and have not found the lack of pull dump/shoulder dump(s) to be a handicap.

Ronald K:
I considered the eclipse wing but since it has no shoulder dump other than the corrugated hose. Anybody there who can assure me that its ok without the shoulder dump? You know it's always just when you think you found the right bcd that someone comes up with a negative aspect of it. The corrugated hose alledgedly lets in water when dumping air as opposed to a shoulder dump, although I don't see why there should be a difference.

All Hogs and Dir will tell you that the shoulder dump isn't necesary and it's a failure point.

Shoulder pull dumps are a comodity, but the failure point argument is dificult to accept since allmost all BCs have them, only the wings come with the elbow option. In 10 yrs of diving, I've never seen one fail, just some poorly maintained BCs with a sticky one after several months in the closet, lube them and go diving.

If you want a pull shoulder dump and like the eclipse wing, you may be able to add one to the wing, I added a Dive Rite valve to my OMS bladder since the threads on the bladder are the same, just make sure that the threads on the eclipse bladder fit the DR threads and order one from www.diveriteexpress.com
It may fit, since both are manufactured in the US, but european bladders may be another story, my Cressi valve "allmost fit" but not quite.

I love my Shoulder Pull Dump Valve!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom