I see all of these birthdays...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquatic Eagle

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
....and I've been hiding on the cruise ship so nobody knew about mine. I turned 21 on January 21st...four days after boarding the Norwegian Wind. I'm happy to be 21 and there's no better birthday present than signing on to a cruise ship. I love this life so far and the people are great. I'm so happy for the time being. :)

Happy 21 st Birthday ..belated.
My son will be 20 in 3 weeks. It's a great age!
And good luck on the Wind..sounds like you're having a blast!

:hb2:

ND you haven't given us any reports lately of your hard life aboard a luxurious
cruise ship in tropical waters... but sounds like all is going well =P

and happy b-day!

H2Andy:
ND you haven't given us any reports lately of your hard life aboard a luxurious
cruise ship in tropical waters... but sounds like all is going well =P

and happy b-day!

You're right, I haven't. Well, it's a tough life for sure. :) Actually, I absolutely love the job and the lifestyle. I do miss my girlfriend back home and my family and friends but I just love it here. I don't know if it's like this on ships in general or just a few, but the Wind is so different from any other place I have worked in this way: no other place has people from so many different backgrounds that work together peacefully. I represent one of 54 different countries represented by the crew, staff, and officers on this ship and nobody cares where you're from, what you do, or what you believe in. Everyone speaks English and everyone gets along. People don't step on each other just because of the number of stripes on their uniform as far as I've seen. You can see anyone from a junior waiter to the 3-stripe security officer in the crewbar having drinks with everyone. It's a great atmosphere and I can see doing this for a long time. Today was a little bit rough on the ocean with some people (landlubbers) getting seasick but tomorrow we will be in G. Cayman and it should be beautiful. I just can't wait until April when the Wind repositions through the Panama Canal and up to Vancouver and Victoria and across to Hawaii. I don't sign off until June 9th so I'll get to see all of that. The job has a lot of respect that comes with it and I like that. Last night, I spoke in front of about 800 people in the theater about the department. Boy was I nervous. :) I've spoken in front of 30 people but never 800. I felt good afterwards though. I'll keep everyone posted as best I can. So far, it's great. Come join me on the Wind and anyone in Deep South Divers automatically has free drinks on me. :) See you soon hopefully!

NatureDiver:
....and I've been hiding on the cruise ship so nobody knew about mine. I turned 21 on January 21st...four days after boarding the Norwegian Wind. I'm happy to be 21 and there's no better birthday present than signing on to a cruise ship. I love this life so far and the people are great. I'm so happy for the time being. :)

:bday:HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!:bday:

Glad you're enjoying the cruise-ship life. Don't forget we expect regular reports! :wink:

DSDO,

nice report, ND...keep them coming

NatureDiver:

I hope you had a Happy Birthday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom