I requested a callout last night

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary,

Sorry to hear about your troubles! I know whereof you speak. Just keep repeating to yourself: "114 and a wake-up" and count down as necessary. Also, as we all know, you can get into trouble faster by doing something than not doing something! Sad but true!

6Gill:
SCUBAMOO, after reading your comments here, I wonder if you have ever served as a LEO. I'm very familiar with the King County area loses. I retired after 34 years service as a Lt. from the King County Sheriff's Office. I still attend funerals for people from my former department that past either from line of duty or natural causes both active and retired. During my career with that department I served in a lot of assignments to include diver, bomb technician, swat operator, motorcycle sgt. and of course supervisor of patrol, traffic, special operations units and rescue units. So, I think that I know a little about the job. :wink:
I have no idea what you are defending -- except some perceived slight to you personally. I assure you, none was intended.

I realize the situation that many officers face each day as they do their jobs is less than ideal and I'm simply trying to offer a solution. I'm advocating safer working conditions for officers by using better tactics (especially more officers on scene). I don't think compromising an officer's safety for an arrest (in most cases) is a good idea but obviously the situation will dictate that at times. If you don't pick your hills to die on, the hills just may do the pickin'!

Of course Gary D.'s situation stinks -- I guess I'd like to see that change. He may be stuck with Capt. Happy for a while. Here's how I see that things could change for him:
1) Capt. Happy leaves or turns over a new leaf,
2) Gary D. leaves or perception of Capt. Happy changes,
3) working conditions change so as to make him safer and Capt. Happy less of a problem.

I'm aiming at #3 but any would work I guess. If the public (especially county/city councils) see that the job is done with 20 guys, why would they want to spend the money for 25? Do your job, but do it in a way that is safe.

You see, the circle is bigger than individual officers -- it has to do with our wives, our kids, our relatives, our friends, our church, our town. I've often found officers to be people who matter in their circles -- let's protect them. :usa_2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom