I.R.I.S. and Windows Vista

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I tried installing IRIS on my new laptop which is running Vista 64bit and got the following error "The operating system is not adequate for running I.R.I.S. 2.3."

Is IRIS able to run in Vista, or is it because I'm running a 64bit OS?

btw I also tried running it in XP compatible mode - didn't work their either.

Any ideas?

Aloha, Tim

Tim,

It does work with VISTA, I am sending you issue to our tech people, will get you an answer quickly.

Phil

I had the same question,

Install the 2.2 version, that one will install but I don't know if there a re any other issues.

Thanks for the help Phil - and let your tech guys know that the issue was resolved with the latest vista version of the software ... course I can't download data as my new laptop has no serial port :( but that'll be changing as soon as I get a USB adapter for it.

Aloha, Tim

Tim,

Glad it worked out.

Phil

Hello Tim,

I am having the same problem as you had regarding IRIS and Vista compatability issues. You found a version of IRIS for Vista but I do not see this on the Mares site. Please can you let me know how you solved your problem and where you downloaded the correct software.

Kind Regards

Ian

I downloaded it from the I.R.I.S. support site here http://glpf.homeip.net/irissupport though I frequently cannot seem to get that page to come up for days at a time lately :( tried from different computers and different internet providers to no avail today - maybe technical issues on my island, or their end ... dunno which.

I have tried to get tothe suggested web but there is a problem. Please advise. I can not get my Marea M1 to download on Vista

Back
Top Bottom