I Plan to open a Scuba Diving Shop here in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rax

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,
I have tried scuba diving twice and really had fun. I live near the shore and planning to start a small dive shop. Can anyone help me start?

For the benefit of the SB members, I will post my PM reply to Rax:

"It really is an incremental process. Start by writing out your business plan, projections of cost and possible income. The first 2 years of any business will probably not make any money, can you survive that? Is there room in you locality for a dive shop? If it is all still looking attractive, then you need to look at getting customers, and quickly, using the internet and an effective marketing strategy."

hello Rax!,

I'm Russel (PIinoy!) and new to scubaboard, I've read your thread as I was about to post my intro here. I'm a scuba instructor, been diving for 11 years now. Where are you based and where are you planning to put your dive resort? I have some contacts that may be able to help you with regards to equipments, etc.

Wow! Thanks Guys for responding... I would love to hear from you... I really need advice to start with. Although Im good at giving advice too but not about Scuba Diving. This is something I woulkd love to do but new in this world... I guess what I need is what to have first... let's say equipments to start with and I must as well complete my certification too, right?
@Russel, from what city are you? Maybe we can see each other soon... I can go to where you are...

I hope only for the best for you. Definitely create a business plan and put together your cost projections. As they say," The best way to make a small fortune in the dive business is to start with a large one."
Know that you will never become wildly rich. This business is a lifestyle, not a money maker. As long as you are doing it out a passion for diving, you'll be okay.

@rax: I'm based in Marikina City. Just let me know when you have time and I'll introduce you to the guys in the buss. I'll be diving over the weekend in anilao and you're welcome to join.

Hi Rax,
I''m also here in the Philippines and like you I have buddies that dive and I just opened a dive shop if you need any assistance contact me via mail at richardewen@yahoo.co.uk

All the best

Richard

Thanks for the info, i actually sent u a message in skype but will send you an email later too and hope you could help me. By the way, where is your dive shop located?

Hi,
I have tried scuba diving twice and really had fun. I live near the shore and planning to start a small dive shop. Can anyone help me start?

Before starting any business you need experiance in the industry first so you will know what your customers will probably want and how you can deliver it. First step for you is to dive alot more so that you will have the experiance to lead your customers.

Randy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom