I need to ask a very special favor: need a "babysitter" for gear shakedown

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSL

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Babysitter may be too strong a word. But it seemed best to be perfectly honest up front. I'm not new to diving, but I am new to tech gear. I'm looking for somebody to meet me for a gear shakedown and first cold water dip consisting of at least two, hour+ dives at Alki or anyplace suitable without much current, anytime after or on the weekend of June 13th. Can take a weekday off if given a week's notice if that's better. You'll find me humble and open to advice.

Being the only diver in my family, I have solo shore dove off of Maui's West shores numerous times on our annual vacations, and am in general used to being very self sufficient. But this is too much "new" to attemp solo.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'll be diving wet. AL80 doubles (two sets for two dives). ATX50's on DSTs with primary long hose config. Apeks WTX pak with SS backplate inside. 60# wing. Regs/lines/tanks have been just recently fully serviced (in fact still waiting on one reg as I write this).

My goal is to fine tune my dumpable weight, and fine tune my gear config to streamline it for UW profile. If it matters, diving in general just makes me happy, so once I'm "shook down" I'm perfectly happy to follow in whatever UW pursuit you desire and remaining air allows. And I should also tell you I'm not yet tested for any significant duration below 100ft. Once I'm confident of the gear, my further goal is to take as many tech classes until I'm proficient at Nitrox, Trimix, serious deep, etc.

I'm fully aware that this is a recipe for extreme bordem on the part of the babysitter. So I'll happily spring for a nice meal.

BIG BIG TIA!
Todd Lewis

Last edited:
Hi,

I am available to dive 13 June in the AM, have been diving dual tanks for awhile and am always looking for new dive buddies. I dive alot in the Tacoma area, but can travel to cove 2 if thats better for you. I have 50 or so dives there and know the site well. I am a public service diver with a local fire department and am full trimix certified. I will also be diving the 12th with a group of dual tank divers in Tacoma around 6:30 Pm. Give me a call if your interested.

Kirby Pollard
(253) 347-2817

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom