I need SPG help....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an OMS gauge and really like it. Heavy Duty. Just remove the boot. I got the one with both Bar and PSI because I always seem to get stuck diving with someone from europe with a metric pressure gauge when I go someplace warm. Works well enough for me... :bonk:

I just ordered two small brass OMS SPGs from LP. Ben E mailed me today saying they are OUT of stock ( web site shows LOW) on them. I went ahead and got the one that shows PSI and BAR, still brass and its the same price.

Andy

cyklon_300 once bubbled...
Northeast Scuba Supply has a Sherwood brass, non-booted spg for $39.99...however, it's calibrated in metric units (Bar).

It would be easy to mark the corresponding 3000 psi, 2000, 1000, 500 increments on the gauge face.

Depending on the type of diving you're doing, it may be an adequate choice.

FWIW

I bought 3 of them for $100 from John for use on stage/deco bottles. They are very nice gauges. Also I hooked one up on a single tank rig to teach my daughter to dive. I've used it myself and found the bar not to be a problem. Very easy to get used to.

Unfortunately I heard is is sold out of them and since it was a overstock purchase I doubt if he will get them again. I'd still call if you want them as Joh has so much stuff in his shop he might find some under something else!

Dave D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom