I need SPG help....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquamaniac once bubbled...

tick....tick.....tick.....tick......:D

I'll get the gaff hook

tell me why the OMS gauge is not aproved

tell me why the OMS gauge is not aproved
It's the measurement system. AquaTec, you are too funny...do you like fighting with me that much that you are following me around the board?

:wink:

ScubaPro makes a nice brass gauge although you will pay a whole lot more than $65 for it.

Exactly. I got a really good deal on one new though, less than the OMS. Otherwise I would not have bought it.

Ooops...i didnt even notice that you didnt want the OMS.If it makes you feel any better i use one too and it works just fine.
I Never said I didn't want the OMS gauge, I said that I have heard others say not to use it, and I wanted to know if there was a good reason why people would bash the OMS gauge, or if they were just blowing smoke?

Nothing wrong with the OMS, nor the Dive Rite if you peel off the plastic cover. Get the right hose length (22-24 & tie a bolt snap to it and you are all set!

Dave D

JT2 once bubbled...
I Never said I didn't want the OMS gauge, I said that I have heard others say not to use it, and I wanted to know if there was a good reason why people would bash the OMS gauge, or if they were just blowing smoke?

I thought maybe you were anti OMS or something, my bad:rolleyes:

Save your money and buy an OMS gauge.Its obvious everyone that has posted on this thread is happy with theirs.

As far as the "others" that say not to use it, there just venting cause they paid twice as much for their SPG :bonk: :D

As far as the "others" that say not to use it, there just venting cause they paid twice as much for their SPG
I hadn't thought about it like that, you're probably right!:)

Northeast Scuba Supply has a Sherwood brass, non-booted spg for $39.99...however, it's calibrated in metric units (Bar).

It would be easy to mark the corresponding 3000 psi, 2000, 1000, 500 increments on the gauge face.

Depending on the type of diving you're doing, it may be an adequate choice.

FWIW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom