I Need More Advice on My Drysuit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For $50, I'll sell you a bunch of hefty bags glued together and some rubber bands to put around your wrists and neck to seal the whole thing up. the p-valve is $5 extra. You pay shipping, but I'll throw in some packing peanuts that you can use as insulation :D

swankenstein:
If I were you (and you were as cheap as me), I would put a dab of Aquaseal or something on the outside of the little hole and not worry about the break between the teeth. As long as you dive with a buddy that can carefully zip you up, you shouldn't have a problem with it for awhile. I dove a suit like that for over a year (over 100 dives). The only problem I have with the break between the teeth is when I'm solo diving (95% of the time) and I have to zip myself up with a belt around a sign post or something. If the zipper gets caught on the protruding tooth and you keep pulling on it, it can pull the tooth loose. Then you're screwed. By the way, $80 for a drysuit! You must be made of money! I try not to pay more than $50.

Dang, biggest wolf eel I've ever seen. You know those guys can bite through a broomstick right?

swankenstein:
If I were you (and you were as cheap as me), I would put a dab of Aquaseal or something on the outside of the little hole and not worry about the break between the teeth. As long as you dive with a buddy that can carefully zip you up, you shouldn't have a problem with it for awhile. I dove a suit like that for over a year (over 100 dives). The only problem I have with the break between the teeth is when I'm solo diving (95% of the time) and I have to zip myself up with a belt around a sign post or something. If the zipper gets caught on the protruding tooth and you keep pulling on it, it can pull the tooth loose. Then you're screwed. By the way, $80 for a drysuit! You must be made of money! I try not to pay more than $50.

I tried to get him to go down to $50, but he wouldn't. (Just kidding.)
You know, I just might try that Aquaseal thing. It is indeed the hole that I'm worried about. The zipper still zips, and I will have a buddy with me for many dives to come. And then when I have the cash, I can always get it replaced down the line.

Thanks,
McGill

ShakaZulu:
Dang, biggest wolf eel I've ever seen. You know those guys can bite through a broomstick right?
That one's actually a female. The males get bigger. In over 100 dives with them I've never seen them try to hurt a diver (they like beating each other up though). To be honest, I don't believe the broomstick story (I've heard it before). Their molars are flat like ours and to crush a 1-inch diameter piece of wood would require an enormous PSI. If they had sharp teeth like a shark, I might consider it.

Back
Top Bottom