i need help to find a part to fill my din tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
my name is sean and i got a scuba tank to fill my compressed tank for paintball.the scuba tank is a Luxfer 4350psi with a Thermo 300 bar DIN Valve on, and my local scuba shop can only fill tanks with standerd yoke fitting valves and i have a din fitting.my Question is there a part i can buy so my local scuba shop that fill yoke valve tanks can fill my din tank.if you know of any parts i need to fiil my tank list the name,were to get it, and how much it costs,

thanks sean

I had the same problem a while back now. It apears they are as rare as hens teeth so I had an angineer mate machine me one up. Cost me a dozen beer...

Yes there is an adapter - they usually run about $30 - If I can find a link to one online I'll post it. Or maybe someone else can beat me to it :wink:

Aloha, Tim

I think what you're looking for looks like this. I assume it's the same sort of fitting as in markfm's link is too, but his link didn't have a picture. A bit more than $30 here, unfortunately.

I just have to ask... Are you a diver? If not, is the scuba shop willing to give you air fills? Shops normally require that you show a scuba certification card first.

Seems like scuba shops ought to have one of these on hand. There are a lot of divers with DIN valves on their tanks.

And how does your paintball equipment interface with your DIN valve?

--Marek

no i do not diver i just use a scuba tank to fill my 68ci 4500psi commpressed air tank up for my gun.the reason i got a din tank is because most hp tanks have din valves, and i got a luxfer because its the only thank that fills to 4350psi that i know of.and i have been to 3 big scuba shops to get my tank filled, and all i do is say it is for paintball.and the shop i need the part for i just a guy with a compersser at his house.

thanks so far on the help
sean

sean_dahlberg:
no i do not diver i just use a scuba tank to fill my 68ci 4500psi commpressed air tank up for my gun.the reason i got a din tank is because most hp tanks have din valves, and i got a luxfer because its the only thank that fills to 4350psi that i know of.and i have been to 3 big scuba shops to get my tank filled, and all i do is say it is for paintball.and the shop i need the part for i just a guy with a compersser at his house.thanks so far on the help
sean
Anyways, with adapter you get filled only 200bar insted of 300bar your tank is capable to take. If you get difficulties to find the adapter there, try European online diveshops...

TeddyDiver:
Anyways, with adapter you get filled only 200bar insted of 300bar your tank is capable to take. If you get difficulties to find the adapter there, try European online diveshops...
Oooh, Teddy's right. I've got one of those adapters, and it says on it NOT FOR USE ABOVE 3000 PSI OR 200 BAR.

It's not the tank, the valve, or even the adapter; those can all take the higher pressures. It's the fact that the shop, or guy filling it in his garage, obviously has to use a fill whip with a yoke -- and yokes in general aren't strong enough for the higher pressures, whether they're on regulators or on fill whips (tends to straighten and weaken the yoke, and/or and break the seal).

Um, taking another look at this adapter of mine, it's actually designed so that it will only fit 3,000 psi/200 BAR valves... won't even seal with a high-pressure valve like I assume yours, for the above reason.

--Marek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom