I need a wrist mount (BT or computer)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zoop has a gage mode.

I own a zoop, have been told it has a gauge mode, have asked Chris @suunto about this elusive gauge mode and his response is that it doesn't exist. Where is gauge mode on the zoop?

I ask because I upgraded to a vyper air this year and (not to disagree with your earlier statements because I mostly agree with what you have stated here) so far really like it. I use my zoop as my back up. Gauge mode would be awesome in this role.

I've always been told, including by a Suunto rep's response on Suunto's website Q&A on the Zoop, that it had a gage mode. But looking at the manual now, the only way I see to make it into a BT is to force it into Err mode.
If you continue to violate the decompression, the dive computer goes into a permanentError Mode. In this mode the instrument can only be used as a depth gauge and timer.

Guess my reasons to recommend the Zoop just shrunk by one.

I would at least look at the Mares Puck Pro. It has a much better shape than most wrist computers with a much larger display, has a gauge mode, does multiple gases, and is upgradeable, and has a user replaceable battery.

Much different, much better computer than a Mares Puck, which was not much of a computer.

They are getting harder to find but old Suunto D3 made a fine Depth Gauge/Bottomtimer. The best part is that it is a watch on the surface.

No, you really don't. Unless you've got a mound of money that's a bit lumpy and you're trying to smooth it out, get the Uwatec, spend the leftovers on scuba diving instead of trinkets.
a

why do you say the can light is a trinket. It's required for gue fundies. I'll need an spg with the bottom timer .

So here's a question: do I need anything more then the scubapro bottom timer and an spg?
The Scubapro Digital 330 ( bottom timer, digtal depth gauge ) is a highly accurate instrument with a depth rating of 330 meters( 1082' ). Yes, it is excellent for tec.

However, it will limit you while you are in your present Rec. phase. I would highly recommend the Scubapro Aladin 2G. It will satisfy your Rec. needs and allow you to continue through Tec.

a

why do you say the can light is a trinket. It's required for gue fundies. I'll need an spg with the bottom timer .

I don't think a can light is a trinket. I think dive computers are trinkets. A cheap uwatec lasts like 10 years, is super reliable, and is generally a quality piece of kit.

Suggestions?
Zoop, Puck(+) or DG03.
The Uwatec BT might out-live the computer! My last one lasted at least 10yrs and I replaced it by another one. What a waste to throw it away because the battery cannot be replaced. How difficult it is to replace the battery unless the unit is completely sealed!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom