I need a new mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqualung (Technisub) Micro Mask - sort of expensive, but worth it! The lenses are almost touching your eyeballs and it has great peripheral vision. Lowest volume mask I've ever seen.

I have the Tusa M-14 and I love it. REALLY Low volume frameless and the field of vision is huge.... and the price is right.

I have the Tusa M-14 and I love it. REALLY Low volume frameless and the field of vision is huge.... and the price is right.

Visulator is the best! I love it but its not for everyone!

I think that with a few more dives and using the same bcd for a bit longer you won't NEED to see your bcd. If it makes you feel better to see it then I suggest putting your bcd on in the house and just getting used to grabbing things and putting them back without a mask or gloves on. Doing this for a small amount of time will likely add the same comfort you seek from a new mask. I also suggest deciding where you want everything you dive with and then keeping it there always. Just making some definite decisions about the way you dive and where you put it all will also add some comfort to the experience.

No sense in spending money and time on gear selection when you can spend some time and fix the problem for free from the inside out and make yourself safer in the process. This is likely what your LDS was trying to tell you as well with their fuzzy answer otherwise they certainly wouldn't turn down a chance to sell you a mask.:wink:

Last edited:
I really like my Mares Demon for great visibility. Might want to try that on in the shop if they carry it.

Atomic Subframe does the trick for me, although it is a little pricey, I can see my BCD just fine with it. Great fit, superior comfort. The Atomic Frameless might be something to look into as well, it has a greater field of view. The Mares Demon is relatively cheap and also has a great field of view. Also, someone mentioned the Cressi Big Eyes...that's a nice mask too. You're gonna want to try on various styles before buying them, just because they might have the features you want doesn't necessarily mean they will fit your dome without being uncomfortable or leaking.

Worth mentioning would also be the ScubaPro Spectra and Aqualung Seascape...

I have an atomic frameless and hate it...

get a TUSA M-16 SERENE ... best mask I've had in 30 years and it's fairly low profile

What's so interesting about your BCD?
ROFL... When I first started diving everything about my BC was interesting! All those clips and the velcro... if I could just see where I have my spg!!!:D

To the OP:
I see tons of people who's BC rides up on them making it difficult to see or adjust. I used to be one, especially with rental gear. Is it your BCD? Or a Rental? In either case, you need to find one that fits you well. Also, try to keep everything in the same place every time and you won't have to look at it to find it eventually.

Visulator is the best! I love it but its not for everyone!

I love the visualator too, I had the Mares X-Vision before that and now the x-vision is my back up.

I didn't even read that far down..... LOL... you don't need to see your BC :)

Oceanic's frameless Shadow is a great low volume mask. I swear it touches my eyelashes when I blink. I'm sure you could see your BC for whatever reason.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom