I need a buddy for this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'll see what we can talk him into. There's enough peer pressure to make him try it at least once, and it's with an excellent instructor that is about as excited about diving as I am, he's infectious. If it isn't for him, at least he can finish it in the tropics with me.

I'm also raising a future dive buddy, my son takes OW in a month :)
Not sure if I can get him out diving in Monterey with me though.

Well, my grand daughter is few days short of five months, which means she is "a bit short" of her eligibility for OW :)

Good luck to your son! Why not diving Monterey? It is a great place to dive. (Then gain I dive darn quarry most of the time :wink:

He is afraid of the unknown and the cold water and the low viz. He needs to be certified to dive with the dolphins in Curacao with me in February else he wouldn't even be considering it. He's having a hard time getting through the manual though, he says it's boring.
I'm thinking of taking him to another discover scuba course to try to increase his desire. That's tonight, maybe that's what I'll do.

Kristina,

I am diving with Vassili on Sunday at Lobos... Will be nice to catch you in between dives for perhaps some clam chowder and talk about the dives... :)

He is afraid of the unknown and the cold water and the low viz. He needs to be certified to dive with the dolphins in Curacao with me in February else he wouldn't even be considering it. He's having a hard time getting through the manual though, he says it's boring.
I'm thinking of taking him to another discover scuba course to try to increase his desire. That's tonight, maybe that's what I'll do.

Good luck with that! Hope things turn out good and he'll find interest in cold water diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom