I may have an ikelite housing for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. P

Reaction score
I just purchased a C5060 as part of a "go digital" experience. I had ordered an IKELITE housing for it for my last divetrip and it didn't come in time. I purchased a PT-20 on e-bay last week and now the Ikelite housing also showed up! I obviously don't need two housings and may keep the PT-20. If someone has or is considering a 5060 and is interested in an Ikelite housing, I might be able to make you a good deal. The PT-20 will be here in the next few days and then I'll make a final decision of which to keep. I've also got a D-180 strobe, INON WAL coming and believe they'll work with either one. Sound pretty unorganized don't I? Oops!

By the way - great forum ! I've learned a lot already. Hope to be a future contributor to all of you.

Mr. P:
The PT-20 will be here in the next few days and then I'll make a final decision of which to keep. I've also got a D-180 strobe, INON WAL coming and believe they'll work with either one.
If you decide to keep the Ikelite housing then you might have to figure out a way to mount the D-180's fibre optical kit, assuming you ordered the Inon Optical D Cable/Cap W9 Set (http://www.inonamerica.com/news.html?news_id=12&newscat=0) with your D-180.

If you keep the PT-020 then I assume you have a tray / handle (and arms) to mount the housing with the strobe as the Ike housing comes with a tray and handle.

Good luck.

Mr. P, just a thought: don't underestimate the advantages of true TTL flash metering, which the Ikelite housing offers.

The only sticking point may be the D-180, which if I remember correctly does not offer an electrical strobe sync. So this would be a problem (putting it mildly) with the Ikelite TTL.

Have fun with the new toys!

All the best, James

Mr. P...Welcome to Scubaboard!

If, after all the discussions, you decide to sell your housing or other parts of your rig, make sure you list it in The Marketplace forums where all for sale items are allowed. The rest of the forums are for discussions only.

fdog:
Mr. P, just a thought: don't underestimate the advantages of true TTL flash metering, which the Ikelite housing offers.

The only sticking point may be the D-180, which if I remember correctly does not offer an electrical strobe sync. So this would be a problem (putting it mildly) with the Ikelite TTL.
The D-180 doesn't have a sync cord connector. Not only that but the Ike TTL conversion circuit will only work with Ikelite strobes as it draws its power from the strobe.

Tanks for all the feedback. RIght now, I'm thinking of keeping the PT-20 and selling off the Ikelite. I've got the base, handle, arms, cables all coming for the PT-20. Dee, thanks for the note about the marketplace. I'll be sure I follow proper "protocol" and keep info only in this area. I can't wait to begin taking photos, sharing them and learning from everyone's wisdom and experience.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom