I lowered my Internet charges $12 a month just by asking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lisa0825:
It's a good thing to like AOL, because they make it a total PITA to try to cancel. I've known a dozen people aside from myself who have practically had an anuerysm trying to get our accounts settled. They are a major rip-off artist!
How aboug this...?

Whomever you get your phone, cell phone, and net services from, ask for a better price twice a year. Things change rapidly...

medium-smiley-054.gif

Don, you are right about this. Every once in awhile (I pay the balance off every month), my payment arrives a day or two late. If I EVER see a finance charge on my statement, I call and politely ask them to remove it. They always do. Most credit card companies allow you 1 or two a year. Also, I pay almost everything with Am X because if there are any problems you can just say "well, I need to know if we can work this out, or If I should contest the charges". I have never contested anything, but the leverage of mentioning the hassle to them usually gives you leverage in a "situation".

For ten dollars a month you can own your own domain with email! Then someone might like it enough to purchase it :) Happened to me. Sucks though I should have asked for $10K instead of tacking another zero onto their offer of $750.00. Didn't figure they would have accepted it in the first place and I really did not want to sell waterislife.net.

FWIW SBC does have a dial up service for free to all DSL customers, but like you said DandyDon it is not local to you, so it might be a long distance call.

Thanks Don I will have to give them a call!
I have had an email address at AOL since 1992 or so and I like the availability it offered world wide to connect. I have bunny hopped services back and forth over the years between cable and sbc but overall my best experience has been with cable. I still keep the old "a-hole hell" because thats where I like my spam to end up... oh ya and all those other people that like me to send thier email to 10 more people for good luck. I havent installed the actual program in years since they enable online email via a web browser and any internet connection available so maybe I should give them a call.

Back
Top Bottom