I love my DA Aquamaster thanks to Bryan at VDH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it ain't round then it is just square:

DSCF00082.jpg

Unless it is round and gray:

DSCF0002-1.jpg

But they are all fun:

usd62cad.jpg

N

The only real answer is to just get several. I have around 8 of them including a DW Mistral, a DW Mistral in the repro blue Voit 50 Fathom case, a couple DA's, a DA Navy, an Aqualung and a pair of PRAMs.

The PRAMs do work well for tropical pretty fish diving and with an octo and an SPG I've never had anyone suggest I should not be diving them. But then again they both have new chrome, new hoses, etc and are pretty much new (and new looking) regs.

I use a 1/4" aluminum freedom plate with a 30 pound Halcyon Pioneer wing and it works great for travel and double hose diving. It's short enough and thin enough to allow the reg to sit properly on your back.

When I started rebuilding double hose regs, finding parts was a challenge, but now all kinds of parts are being made. I sold my carefully scrounged horde of parts at pretty much the right time to not lose my short on them. Unless you are a collector the new/repro hoses, diaphragms, mouthpieces, exhaust valves, mushroom valves, etc are much better than the originals.

-----

As a general advertisement - I still need a set of DA cans as I have enough new old stock parts to put together a brand new DA Aquamaster. It won't be exactly stock as I never could find a new second stage seat and stem for it, but I'll use the new second stage that's available for it.

DA, I have a NOS LP seat if you need one and Bryan has reproductions. Do you have the horseshoe supports (1010-01 and 02)? Those are hard to come by. I also have a NOS horse shoe if you need one. The new HPR second stage is the best way to go, it does not require any of the hard to come by parts and is an improvement to boot......seems like I have a bottom can as well, that would leave you needing a top can. Bet if you ask on VDH you can find the parts you need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom