I love Boogie's spring straps!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We got them just a few days before our Roatan trip. Not knowing if I would like them, I took the regular straps with me just in case. I never thought of them! The spring straps held by fins securely and even stopped the side to side wiggle they had. Easy on and even easier off, especially at the boat ladder.

Thanks, Boogie!

yes, they are truly the work of inspired genius. Simple, durable, and CHEAP. I can even fix the things myself from the hardware store on the impossible chance the things get damaged.

Dee:
We got them just a few days before our Roatan trip. Not knowing if I would like them, I took the regular straps with me just in case. I never thought of them! The spring straps held by fins securely and even stopped the side to side wiggle they had. Easy on and even easier off, especially at the boat ladder.

Thanks, Boogie!

Just make sure that they are crimped into the fin. I thought I crimped enough and it came loose.

I also have the Boogie spring straps. Love em. No problems at all, and so much better then the stupid design Mares came out with for the Volo fins. Those buckles were horrible.

spring straps rule (i am sure Boogies are EXTRA good). people ask me about them,
and i always rave. they don't seem convinced, though... i guess you have to try them.

I have a set of Black Tigers... LOVE them however their straps suck

Blew the first strap by pulling a little too tight, Dacor sent me new ones for free no questions asked, even sent me extra! good cause I needed them.

Blew out my second one by accidently setting my tank on it, crushed the plastic buckles and I set it down easy, it was like brittle.

Blew out my thrid, hard entry into the san marcos river this past weekend for the clean up, as soon as I buckle the strap.. pop, 3rd...

SO tonight I got out the hack saw cut those cirtters off and put on a set of spring straps

OMG I can't wait to try them in the water, not only do they fit very well, easy on off, they are more comfortable!

I don't understand why companies don't just put them on there to begin with, I woudln't have to get the saw out and cut the nubs off if they did...

I did the same thing as Dee and took my original straps with me to Bonaire (just in case). Now I can't even find the things. My wife even wants a pair for her fins, so I guess I'll be in touch with Boogie soon to get another pair.

Great stuff Boogie.

I bought mine from a shop and they set me back a pretty penny, but they came in 12" and 10"

I got 12's on my large black tigers and they fit perfect.

I would have made my own but I blew out a fin strap, so it was order fin straps and wait or wait to make spring straps... its late on a thursday night so I went the quick method :)

Back
Top Bottom