I love and hate my Tusa Xpert Zoom fins...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was thinking about getting the X-pert Zooms but then decided on the Atomic Splits. The Atomics are more stiff and feel more like a regular fin, but with the advantages of the split.

It took awhile to get used to the kicking style (small flutter kicks), but they beat the pants off of my Mares Quattros! A lot less effort, no cramps and the Atomics fit my foot like a glove.

The only other kick style I have used in these fins is the frog kick and had no problem there.

I practiced in pool to get used to the Atomic's and the kick style.

Got the black ones. XL baby!

They seem to be useful only for the small flutter kicks. I bought them on the suggestion of the LDS guy. I think that I would have purchased some Jet Fins if I had known better.

That being said, they work just fine for the OW that I've been doing. They seem to be way too long and floppy for confined areas. I've done some shallow wreck penetrations and I really had to work to keep them out of the silt and away from obstructions.

I just added some DIY springstraps.

I'll hang onto them for a bit longer.

Peter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom