I like the Titan LX, any reason to go to the Legend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Triple Threat 33T

Registered
Reaction score
6-12 warm water dives a year, 35-100 average. Any reason to jump up to the Legend or Legend LX? The Titan LX seems to be all I could really need.

What about the Atomics? Any advantage to going that route?

I would say no reason at all. The Titan LX is a great reg....however, it's always fun to buy new gear:) so if you need a reason I bet we can come up with one!

That is a good reason to stick with the Titan LX. Leaves a reason or excuse to upgrade later. :)

I bought my wife the Legend LX, I then got a new Titan LX on Ebay for 150 dollars, there is no difference in performance. The Titan first is easier to work on or maybe it is that I already have the tools for it, of course mine is the older version with the cone shaped first. The rotary knob on the Legend tends to get stuck with sand and require taking it apart and cleaning often, do not like that.

N

Very solid, workhorse, student-proof reg. Also worked for the deepest dive ever, should be just fine for us plain folk.

I have all my dives with my Titan LX (150+ cold water dives, ~10 warm-water dives). Works well. Take good care of it, rinse/clean it after dives, and get a tech to check it every year (or check it yourself if you're qualified), and I think it'll last a long time.

The new Titan (2012) LX has 2 HP ports the old "new" Titan LX (2009-2011) only has 1 HP port, this was the main reason I purchased the Legend, since at the time I was running a Air integrated Computer and a SPG. The Titan is a great Regulator the jump from the Titan to the legend now is almost unjustifiable.

Back
Top Bottom