I like some of the "little" changes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey Tech admin (and others involved) I really like some of the new "little" features the most recent upgrade brought with it - like not having to wait for a page to refresh before showing the new post. I also like the drop down list of members in the PM box. I don't know what other little surprises await, but so far all I can say is "nice Job" thanks as those two things in particular "irked" me at times.

Aloha, Tim

And here I thought Site Support was just about how evil I am. Thanks!

Tech Admin:
And here I thought Site Support was just about how evil I am. Thanks!
I've noticed many I like, too, but I'm still in too much awe to have brought it up yet. Still finding things....??

NetDoc:
Just don't hit the big blue button yet! :D
Uh, I already did that. Thought that I'd brought back countdown timers? What happens when it gets to zero late tonight...? :confused:

I agree... I especially like not having to wade back through previous pages to get back to the threads list after I make a post. Being on dial-up, it really speeds things up (hey, I had a near direct Ethernet connection to the Internet's hub in my lab 15 years ago... I view being on dial-up now similar to those who view vintage diving!).

Don't touch it. Stay away. Please. :wink:

liberato:
One change I don't like is not being able to imbed URL links. I really liked that feature. It can still be done but I have to do it manually. By imbedding I mean having a word or phrase be a link. Now it simply takes the URL itself and reiterates it as the link phrase. Please halt the dumbification of Scubaboard!
That one confused me at first, too - but it actually got simpler...

(1) When you get the window, you add the link site and click ok or return;

(2) The link will show up on screen, with a blue area where you put your word or phrase.

Just hav to pay more attention sometimes. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom