I Like My OMS Slipstreams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I posted my disappointing experience with the XL larger foot pocket here
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/239662-oms-slipstreams-fins-straps.html post #13.

I have to add the disclaimer that I haven't actually dove the Jets, just tried them on, so I might have the same issue after extended use, just less, with the Jets.

Enough of a difference for me that they were unwearable.
Waiting to try the mythical L size. Rumor (see post #14 in that thread) says maybe DEMA.

Like others, I've been looking for OMS Slipstreams in size M or L for some time. In the past couple of weeks LeisurePro has dropped the price on the XL/XXL Slipstreams twice -- currently $60.95. This suggests they might be clearing stock; has anybody heard that OMS is phasing out, or upgrading/replacing, the Slipstreams?

Funny thing.

I liked my Slipstreams, then I kinda didn't like them due to the stiffness issue, then I sold them (to a good home, obviously), then I tried a bunch of other paddle fins including everything except the out-of-stock Hollis fins, and at the end of the day I bought another pair of Slipstreams. Go figure...

The difference in the shape of the foot pocket is a major plus, in my book. I still haven't gotten the springstrap sizing down though... As I've said elsewhere, IMO they aren't perfect, but as long as you aren't chasing anyone down, they are very solid (no pun intended) fins.

Last edited:
I'm very happy with my XL Slipstreams as well. They feel a little stiffer to me than Jets and definitely lighter. I have a 10 1/2 neoprene boot and it fits fine. I'm looking to go dry here pretty soon and I will look into the XXL Slipstream. If I remember correctly, I think I read that the XXL pocket is significantly larger the the XL pocket though. Meh, I'll cross that bridge when I get there. :)

:zen:

Funny thing.

I liked my Slipstreams, then I kinda didn't like them due to the stiffness issue, then I sold them (to a good home, obviously), then I tried a bunch of other paddle fins including everything except the out-of-stock Hollis fins, and at the end of the day I bought another pair of Slipstreams. Go figure...

The difference in the shape of the foot pocket is a major plus, in my book. I still haven't gotten the springstrap sizing down though... As I've said elsewhere, IMO they aren't perfect, but as long as you aren't chasing anyone down, they are very solid (no pun intended) fins.

John,

We apologize for not assisting in your decision process :D. Hope you get a chance to check out the F1.

XL sizes are shipping. LG by next week. XXL about 30 days out. Check our dealer locator for Hollis dealers near you - Where To Buy Hollis Gear

Regards,

We apologize for not assisting in your decision process :D. Hope you get a chance to check out the F1.
Thanks, Nick. All I can tell is that they seem to be popular, demand is currently outstripping supply (at least anywhere I've checked).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom