I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like rei.. . But. Have been called a shaggy haired hippy...

Just not a peace loving hippy...

But, but I don't wanna go camp with the hippies! And like Jim said, my singing too has been known to make children weep and cause an immediate mass exodus from the general area. I am however trying to grow my beard out since it is approaching winter time.

Here is something a bit scarier than camping with hippies.

fizom_zpse65ec076.jpg

Anyone got one of these? Its a new Uberti 1873. I like lever rifles and I'm not an authenticity nut; like to use what I got to the max extent. Reports are the quality is top notch, unlike the old and new 1873s which ought to be hung on the wall for more reasons than one. But haven't bumped into anyone in the US who has user knowledge (not virtual knowledge).

Thinking of it with a 357 vs a rifle round, but I'm not sold on that - really want an all-around good versatile round thats plentiful and cheap. My grenade launcher is a bit tough to justify rounds for just for varmints/deer/zombies etc. Besides, the horse doesn't like it (haha)!

Anyone?

1873_short_rifle_lg.jpg

Uberti makes a nice gun and that one is beautiful. I say get it! Of course that is my standard answer for almost any gun purchase.

I have a Browning BL22, Henry 001 .22, Marlin 336 30/30, Rossi mod. 92 .44mag, and a Marlin 1895 .45/70 so yeah you could say I like levers. A .357 is very high on my to buy list, they can be hard to find though due to the demand of the CAS shooters.

Anyone got one of these? Its a new Uberti 1873. I like lever rifles and I'm not an authenticity nut; like to use what I got to the max extent. Reports are the quality is top notch, unlike the old and new 1873s which ought to be hung on the wall for more reasons than one. But haven't bumped into anyone in the US who has user knowledge (not virtual knowledge).

Thinking of it with a 357 vs a rifle round, but I'm not sold on that - really want an all-around good versatile round thats plentiful and cheap. My grenade launcher is a bit tough to justify rounds for just for varmints/deer/zombies etc. Besides, the horse doesn't like it (haha)!

Anyone?

Considering you want a shooting 1873, the Uberti is a good choice if you're not committed to what it takes and how much it will cost you to safely shoot a real Winchester 1873 on a regular basis.

If you don't have to have a model 1873 and could live with a model 1894, you can shoot modern ammo in an 1894 and have the real thing instead of an Italian copy. I regularly shoot a model 1894 manufacturered in 1899 with modern Remington 3030 that you can buy at Walmart, so that fits your plentiful and cheap requirements.

I like guns too...
lJAhe3F.jpg[

No de-cocker here......

DSC_0030.jpg

Desert Eagle in .50AE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom