I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

30-40 Krag? Midway USA, Cheaper Than Dirt, Sportsmans Guide, the list goes on, but it isn't cheap....

I have a friend that has one of these. I would like to shoot it some day. I had never seen one before, or heard of one either for that matter.

S&W .327

DSC06605.JPG

30-40 Krag? Midway USA, Cheaper Than Dirt, Sportsmans Guide, the list goes on, but it isn't cheap....

Thanks! Certainly not on the shelves here at Wally's or Dicks.

I have a friend that has one of these. I would like to shoot it some day. I had never seen one before, or heard of one either for that matter.

S&W .327

Sweet. Looks just like my S&W mod 38, in 38 Special. As much as the mod 38 has a bit of a snap to it, the 357 must buck a bit.

If it is anything like the mod 38, it would also be far more accurate than that short barrel would suggest.

38+P - nice round..... though I will admit that we had a bad experience with a PD round while knocking down a 400# pig last Sunday. It took two behind the ear....

38+P - nice round..... though I will admit that we had a bad experience with a PD round while knocking down a 400# pig last Sunday. It took two behind the ear....

My dairy farming neighbor had a very wild escaped herferd bull come onto his farm, and the owner simply could not capture it, so brought a deer rifle to drop it.

After that stranger failed to drop the bull, after several tries, my friend leaned across the door of his truck with his 22, and stopped that running bull cold, with one shot behind the ear.

He heard the bull owners wife berating him as they drove away, calling him a "great white hunter".

It is the craftsman and not the tool itself, that gets the job done.

agreed. though in 5 years of doing this, and various different rounds (including .32 acp), the .38 PD round was not like the others.....

that's why they gave my satcom section 2 m249's and a m320...

something about they could kick your arse in call of duty and hack your firewalls but not hit the broadside of a barn...

My dairy farming neighbor had a very wild escaped herferd bull come onto his farm, and the owner simply could not capture it, so brought a deer rifle to drop it.

After that stranger failed to drop the bull, after several tries, my friend leaned across the door of his truck with his 22, and stopped that running bull cold, with one shot behind the ear.

He heard the bull owners wife berating him as they drove away, calling him a "great white hunter".

It is the craftsman and not the tool itself, that gets the job done.

Has she been seen since?

I had never even heard of a .327 until I saw it. That ballistics were pretty darned amazing to me, something like 1800 Ft/sec.
Thanks! Certainly not on the shelves here at Wally's or Dicks.

Sweet. Looks just like my S&W mod 38, in 38 Special. As much as the mod 38 has a bit of a snap to it, the 357 must buck a bit.

If it is anything like the mod 38, it would also be far more accurate than that short barrel would suggest.

Back
Top Bottom