I just read a thread a remembered that I need a dive light, too

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd stay away from the Intova Mini (new 220 lumen version). Both a dive buddy and I have had problems with them, repeatedly. I'm on my second and he is on his third or fourth...problems with the switches or flooding in all that have been replaced. All were purchased/replaced from LDS on island. Plus, as also pointed out, they use CR123, which seems to be less available and more expensive here than AA or AAA batteries.

I'd stay away from the Intova Mini (new 220 lumen version). Both a dive buddy and I have had problems with them, repeatedly. I'm on my second and he is on his third or fourth...problems with the switches or flooding in all that have been replaced. All were purchased/replaced from LDS on island. Plus, as also pointed out, they use CR123, which seems to be less available and more expensive here than AA or AAA batteries.

Was the LDS able to determine if it was a defect that caused the malfunction/flooding? I have two friends who haven't had a problem what so ever for the past year.

They just replaced them. Don't know if they heard anything from the manufacturer after they sent them back.

They just replaced them. Don't know if they heard anything from the manufacturer after they sent them back.

Maybe they were from a bad batch, I don't know. I haven't had a problem with the replacement, but it doesn't have many dives on it, either.

If you want to borrow the Intova for a few dives, let me know.

Thanks, Man. Life has had me rather busy for the last few weeks (thus my absence on SB). Maybe we'll go for a dive sometime and swap dive lights.

That hasn't been my experience, and in fact, that's the only complaint I have against the light. You have to be VERY careful about where you leave the twist-on head, or the light will come on at about 30 feet. My Full Cave instructor was very frustrated with my inability to note that my backup light was on, which it almost always was . . .

Since I bought a couple of Princeton Tec Attitude lights as secondaries for myself and my wife, we normally turn them on before entering the water and leave them on for the whole dive. 150 hours run time on 4 x AAA batteries. Since they come in various colours and part of the body illuminates, they also help identify your buddy when you get mixed in a group at night.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom