I just had to tell SOMEBODY...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firegoddess

Reaction score
I FINISHED MY PAPER ON CORAL REEFS!!! A 25 page scientific paper...I feel like I just gave birth...

:sod: :bonk:

Now, it's on to sex and the five senses...

Firegoddess:
I FINISHED MY PAPER ON CORAL REEFS!!! A 25 page scientific paper...I feel like I just gave birth...

:sod: :bonk:

Great! Can ya send it to me? I'd love to read it even if I don't quite understand the particulars. I'm new at oceanic stuff.

What was your alpha and the Z scores on this research, if applicable?

sealskin98:
Great! Can ya send it to me? I'd love to read it even if I don't quite understand the particulars. I'm new at oceanic stuff.

What was your alpha and the Z scores on this research, if applicable?

It's a huge file since it has graphics, charts, etc. The title is "Global Warming and Coral Reefs: Extinction or Evolution?". It was interesting to write, especially since it will be my specialty once I'm a marine biologist.

Firegoddess:
It's a huge file since it has graphics, charts, etc. The title is "Global Warming and Coral Reefs: Extinction or Evolution?". It was interesting to write, especially since it will be my specialty once I'm a marine biologist.
Wow, I’d love to see what you’ve published and I want to know if you’re just looking at the post Little Ice Age period. I would also like to know if you concentrated on shallow corals or did you also look at deep corals such as we’re looking at along the oculina reefs off the Florida coast.

I’ve spent hours searching for research that may have been done looking at coral growth patterns during the Medieval Warming, the Little Optimum, and the Little Ice Age periods and have found nothing. It’s very frustrating that so much work has been done on the terrestrial effects of these climatic change periods, and almost nothing has been done that would hint at the ocean changes during the times.

Congratulations btw!!

Congratulations, Sherry!! I hope Project AWARE was able to help you out in your research. It would be really cool if you could work for them someday.

Bill51:
Wow, I’d love to see what you’ve published and I want to know if you’re just looking at the post Little Ice Age period. I would also like to know if you concentrated on shallow corals or did you also look at deep corals such as we’re looking at along the oculina reefs off the Florida coast.

I’ve spent hours searching for research that may have been done looking at coral growth patterns during the Medieval Warming, the Little Optimum, and the Little Ice Age periods and have found nothing. It’s very frustrating that so much work has been done on the terrestrial effects of these climatic change periods, and almost nothing has been done that would hint at the ocean changes during the times.

Congratulations btw!!

Thanks, guys!

At this point, it's not published. It's just for class. Later on, I may update it and publish it, though...

Anyone who wants to see it is more than welcome, but I'm warning y'all: it's a file that's close to 110,000 kb! Y'all can private message me your emails, though, and we can give it try...

Back
Top Bottom