I haven't been diving at all this year...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just finished my first dive of the New Year. Air Temp was 89, water temp was 75. I shiver when I hear all the cold dives at this time of year.

Ken

I dove this morning, likely the same club outing as scottyd. My computer read 49 degrees though, at 52 feet. Wish I hadn't sold my drysuit a few years back.

I only got six dives last year (Bought a house and did a complete interior remodel myself) but my new years resolution is to spend more time in and on the ocean. The loose ends will get done eventually and I'm not going to let the thing run my life in 2010.

I was in the water only 10 hours and 15 minutes after the ball dropped. A friend of mine and i went to the vortex spring in Ponce De Leon, Florida. pretty cool dive. the water was soo comfortable (68 degrees) that while we did our SI we sat in the water submerged to our necks and hung out without shivering once. I was wearing an 3mil scubapro wetsuit and a 2 mil scubamax shorty so that may have had a little to do with it but none the less, my day was awesome 60 ft below the surface.

If this storm moves on I still have opportunity before the weekend is over, if not a swimming pool might have to do. Seemed like a real waste to be sober and up early this morning.

Bob

Did the usual quarry dive on New Year's eve...! Great way to close out the year, but there was NASTY traffic due to a snowstorm. Got there late, missed my friends and had to beg for a tagalong with the last people on the dock - a couple in wetsuits who wanted to do a short dive. Still was a lot of fun, bottom temperature was 44 (pretty much the same as in August)....

Pix:

New Year's eve 2009

New Year's eve 2008

Back
Top Bottom