I have very long, very narrow feet, and I can't find fins that fit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update, for anyone who might be in the same boat:

I did end up buying a used pair of Force Fins. (Not sure whether the original or the pro, the listing did not say. The listing was for a M/L, which I'm not sure is accurate by the manufacturer, but in any case, I got a cheapo pair of Seac tropical booties (way loose around, but doesn't matter for warm water), and I pull the booties through the fins' foot opening, and it works fine. So much better than what I've used in the past. I will say that kicking technique is way different than the more standard shaped fins, I ended up with more of a scissors kick when I wanted to cover some ground, but I really liked how short they were, so I wasn't stressing quite so much about inadvertently finning the reef. I did end up with some muscle fatigue along the top of my foot up the front of my shin but not bad am I'm sure I'll get used to it. To be fair, I'm still a beginner diver (<30 dives), and this was Key Largo idiot-proof diving, so no crazy currents or anything to test against, but so far, I'm very happy. Bonus: small enough to fit in carryon luggage.

(Shout out to Quiescence in Key Largo, those folks rock. )

My loose fin problem was because my fins were way to big. I discovered a fix that seems to work like a charm. They're called "Wave Water Shoes" and I wear them over my boots. They cost me $12 shipped. Here's a link to the original thread. Good luck.
Cheap fix for loose open heel fins

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom