I have some sad news...we lost a beloved Swamper this weekend.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Davis Dixon, aka Jester, died at home Sunday from complications due to cancer. Beast and I have lost a very dear friend. I know most of you haven't met him personally but he visited here quite often until he got sick.

I remember the day he completed his DM course. You couldn't have knocked him out of the air with a stick! Not only was he an excellent diver himself, he had the knack of being able to pass his skills along. And Lord, did he love divemastering!

His infectious smile, sense of humor, love of life and his innate dignity will be greatly missed. So on your next dive, whether it be in pretty blue water or low viz green water, blow a few bubbles in his honor...Davis would get a kick out of that!

RIP, my Friend.

Sorry to hear of the loss of you friend Dee and Beast....I was hoping he would come thru. My condolences to his family, may he rest in peace.

Prayers aloft for Davis' family, and for you & Beast.
Love,
Rick †

My sincerest condolances to you and Beast. I can't remember if I met him at one of the group gatherings at Travis or not.

I'll be diving this weekend with a class and I'll spare a moment for him.

TwoBit

I am so terribly sorry to hear this, Dee. I honestly was under the impression he was improving.

My deepest condolences to Davis' family, friends, dive buddies and all the Southern Swampers. May he rest in peace. :116:

:salute:

Sorry to hear of the loss of a Swampers family member. Condoences to family and friends.
Melissa & Chris

ScubaTexan:
I am so terribly sorry to hear this, Dee. I honestly was under the impression he was improving.

My deepest condolences to Davis' family, friends, dive buddies and all the Southern Swampers. May he rest in peace. :116:

:salute:

He had gotten better and had returned to work a couple weeks ago. But apparently he had a blood clot they hadn't spotted. Thankfully he died peacefully in his sleep at home.

RIP Jester, you will be missed. Condolences to His family and friends. Does anybody have a picture of him?

I'm kicking myself now for not taking enough topside or diver pictures. But I have a photo of a photo (my scanner's busted) of him and Beast as they geared up for a cold dive last winter.

Davis_and_Doug1.sized.jpg

And one of him on one of our trips to CCV.

Davis.sized.jpg

And one from a trip to Balmorhea

Davis_2_03.sized.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom