I have no idea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LGF

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This was taken in Maui in 30 to 40 foot of water. It was moving in the current. Any ideas?

LGF:
This was taken in Maui in 30 to 40 foot of water. It was moving in the current. Any ideas?
Looks like a lettuce slug. That is, if by "moving" you mean "crawling." If you mean drifting with the current then it looks more like some sort of algae.
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Looks like a lettuce slug.
Rick

Thanks Rick! You guys are good.

about how big is it? Looks kinda like some kind of nudi eggs

edit: I just checked the Hoover book and site and we don't have any known type of letttuce slug in Hawaiian waters.

The picture is blown out a bit and it is hard to tell exactly what it is..I still say it loks a bit like nudi eggs, but not 100% Might you have a better picture?

justleesa:
about how big is it? Looks kinda like some kind of nudi eggs

edit: I just checked the Hoover book and site and we don't have any known type of letttuce slug in Hawaiian waters.

The picture is blown out a bit and it is hard to tell exactly what it is..I still say it loks a bit like nudi eggs, but not 100% Might you have a better picture?

Leesa,
Unfortunatly no, that's the only pic. It was about the size of a head of lettuce. Kind of pretty!

I've seen those.

LGF:
It was about the size of a head of lettuce.
Oops! That's too big for a lettuce slug. Must be either an egg mass or some type of algae... back to square one. :)
Rick

justleesa:
Did it look like any of these?

Leesa it looked kind of like the middle picture.

I don't have an exact name but it is a type of Hawaiian soft coral, only found here (from what I have been told)....is that ID enough?

Back
Top Bottom