I have a stupid question..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayward Son:
If you do pee your suit, just be sure to rinse it out well after the dives are done. Wouldn't want to hang up a pissed on wet suit to dry :icon10:
Of course, silly. Why do you think God invented wetsuit shampoo? :wink:

ScubaThor:
There's no way you can be properly hydrated and only pee twice a day! Whatever happened to drinking 8 glasses of water each day? Am I crazy for chugging water like a madman between dives? I always feel very thirsty and dehydrated after diving.

My doctor told me that a person properly hydrated will pee about once every two hours, there is of course a difference between people because not everyone has the same size bladder. There are some diseases that would cause you to pee twice a day, my dad had that and had to undergo an operation to remove the cancer. He went to the doctor because he wasn't peeing like a person should and they found he had cancer at the examination.

I don't think you're wrong to drink a lot, I do as well and I do not drink anything like soda, tea, or coffee. Strictly water or juice for liquids.

I normally wear swim trunks under my wetsuit, never had problems with bunching if I took the time to get it straight in the first place. I've also dove with nothing under the wetsuit, I like that best. Most of the time in mixed company I use swimtrunks.

like everyone else has already suggested, try a skin or under armor...definitely makes getting into the suit a whole lot easier

ScubaThor:
There's no way you can be properly hydrated and only pee twice a day! Whatever happened to drinking 8 glasses of water each day? Am I crazy for chugging water like a madman between dives? I always feel very thirsty and dehydrated after diving.

I drink tons of water every day, and way more than 8 glasses of water when I dive. I drink gallons of liquid every day.

I just have a HUGE bladder. I make myself urinate a few times during the day, but I rarely ever feel the urge to go unless I drink soda or beer as well, but I never drink and dive.

Going 6 hours is not a problem, even if I just drink a gallon of water, so hour long dives are no problem, though I do ensure that I go before I get on the boat, just as insurance.

Different people react differently, and you'd be shocked at how much liquid you can store. Sometimes even I think, "You've gotta be kidding me, that's not humanly possible"

I wear underarmour shorts that look like boxer-briefs and a mock turtleneck underarmour shirt. It works well under a wetsuit or by itself when diving tropical.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom