I have a stupid question..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many times you wearing nothing but a swimsuit.

They make skins to go under your wetsuit, and I wear one.

The whole peeing thing is why I purchased my own before I even took a class.

On a related note, I find it as near impossible to pee wearing a wetsuit as I do wearing clothes. I really don't see how people can do it.

I was told this while I was being trained: "There are those who pee in thier wetsuits and those who lie about it." :wink:

Your choices for under-wetsuit garb are a skin, a bathingsuit, or your birthday suit. If you are female and you want to wear a bathing suit and can get away with it wear a two piece since this makes surface interval bathroom breaks easier. Also some women I know prefer to go bare because bathingsuits get all twisted up under a wetsuit.

shakespear:
What do you "wear" under a wetsuit?

This will help me decide to buy or just rent before my class. The whole "peeing" thing makes me want to buy though..

(I start diving classes next month)

thanks for your help.

Swimsuit, speedo (not recommended unless you're in really good shape :), speedo jammers, under armor, birthday suit. Heck, even underwear will work in a pinch. They're all fine and really up to your personal preference. I've never peed in my wetsuit (watch, here comes everyone to call me a liar:) and am kind of skeeved by rentals knowing that others do it, so I know where you're coming from.

shakespear:

This will help me decide to buy or just rent before my class. The whole "peeing" thing makes me want to buy though..

thanks for your help.
The whole peeing thing is why everyone wants to buy! I've seen guys wear swim trunks- don't know how they stand the "bunching!" Compression shorts (AKA-bicycle shorts) work well. Then there's always a SPEEDO! :11: I've seen some divers wear skins. Makes the wetsuit slide on easy. Women's bathing suits are ususally not baggy (like men's trunks) I think it's easier for us :D

shakespear:

thanks for your help.

After struggling to get on a wetsuit that's not quite sized for you, you may opt to buy one fitted for you.

And just for the record, I wear a Jammer swimsuit (kinda like biking shorts) under a wetsuit.

On a short aside I'd like to applaud the men who wear the jammers and NOT the speedos. Much better taste IMO :wink:

I'm female and I wear a tankini. It doesn't have ties anywhere to create pressure points, and it's easy to use the head if I need to. My husband wears swim trunks, and seems to have no issues with 'bunching'. We have friends who when warm water diving, wear their birthday suits under their wetsuits. Wear whatever you're comfortable in, but I second the recommendation to invest in your own wetsuit from the beginning.

bicycle shorts work well, dry almost instantly and slide easily against the neoprene.

not the thing for the more modest of us though :wink:

shakespear:

thanks for your help.

I know exactly what you are talking about. It has bugged me to death.
I have found somethng that works great. I use athletic shorts. They are spandex(sp?) and are tight. They are basically bike shorts without the cushion. They fit tight and are very comfortable. I leave the hotel with these on and just add a Tshirt and flipflops and I am off and away. Trust me they are great. I can send a pic if you would like to see these.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom