Question I have a brand new Balanced Adjustable CE

Brand new Balanced Adjustable CE

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No way I would dive that beauty seriously ( a try in the pool maybe), I wouldn't expect any special experience from diving it. It's a BA, basta!
So even with a bigger exhaust valve I wouldn't expect a different feeling.
I'm with Kupu.
To me that BA ( a true '156') is simply too rare and special to waste it, even when I understand other opinions.
Regs are there for diving, but that one is history and in it's condition almost nowhere to find.
I would keep it for my collection, make pics for my documentation, or sell it to a true collector.
BTW Kupu, maybe that would be an opportunity for me to get even with you for the GSD Pioneer 1st you sent me for free a while ago.
I have a BA of the last generation, which is well used, but with a nice front plate you might have from another BA it could be a nice usable 2nd.
I had already my fun with it servicing it and making pics and I will definitely never dive it, so it would be ready for someone 'in need'. PM me if you want it.

Attachments

• P1090375.JPG
    P1090375.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 68
  • P1090374.JPG
    P1090374.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 55
  • P1090365.JPG
    P1090365.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 54
No way I would dive that beauty seriously ( a try in the pool maybe), I wouldn't expect any special experience from diving it. It's a BA, basta!
So even with a bigger exhaust valve I wouldn't expect a different feeling.
I'm with Kupu.
To me that BA ( a true '156') is simply too rare and special to waste it, even when I understand other opinions.
Regs are there for diving, but that one is history and in it's condition almost nowhere to find.
I would keep it for my collection, make pics for my documentation, or sell it to a true collector.
BTW Kupu, maybe that would be an opportunity for me to get even with you for the GSD Pioneer 1st you sent me for free a while ago.
I have a BA of the last generation, which is well used, but with a nice front plate you might have from another BA it could be a nice usable 2nd.
I had already my fun with it servicing it and making pics and I will definitely never dive it, so it would be ready for someone 'in need'. PM me if you want it.
I had know idea I’ve never open my 156 but do you have a barrel sleeve? wondering what the significance is on the serial number how they date them the one that I have seem to be very low.

I had know idea I’ve never open my 156 but do you have a barrel sleeve? wondering what the significance is on the serial number how they date them the one that I have seem to be very low.
As you can see on the pics, my one has barrel sleeve ( or are you writing about another one?).
I'm already investigating about the SN, which to me is a bit odd.
As I understood, the first cypher has been the year of the production, which in my case would be '98, so that would fit.
Your zero doesn't make sense, because it couldn't be 1990, and since, as far as I know the production of the 156 was ceased in '98 (in Japan I think in '99), the zero could not refer to the year 2000, but who knows.
When I know more, I'll get back to you.

As weird as it sounds I’ve never opened it. I bought it from somebody here on SB, last year.

I’m going to open it and see what she looks like on the inside. I’ll send pictures.

I don’t “collect” things (accumulate yes, collect no) so if it were pristine new like I would try to put it into the hands of a collector, it won’t perform any better than one dented and chrome les.
Lex has it right. Save it only if one is a collector. I found myself in a similar situation with a few examples too pretty for me to dive. Not being a collector, I put those regs into the hands of those who are.

So my answer is none of the above-sell/trade/give it to a collector. (But only after you've enjoyed having it for a little while and teased your friends on SB with more pictures.)

I’m gonna have to soak it, the diaphragm won’t budge it’s almost like it’s glued in.

Attachments

• 9EF8C337-3B7A-4319-A21E-49E575971E61.jpeg
    9EF8C337-3B7A-4319-A21E-49E575971E61.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 48

Back
Top Bottom