I hate my "HOG" Harness!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brett,

I loved your interests: "Hunting and going to the gym". I'd like to do that too, but I'd be 10 minutes away from a divorce. In any event, I started diving a back plate with a Dive Rite Quick Disconnect Harness and moved to a Hog harness. If you aren't comfortable with your Hog harness after you give it a chance to get used to it, I'll sell you the Dive Rite Quick Disconnect Harness for $20.00 and what ever the cheapest delivery charge is from Chicago to where you are. It would be the complete set of straps, but without shoulder "D" rings and the waist buckle is plastic, not stainless steel. So the straps are straps for the shoulders, waist, and across the chest, with a quick disconnect fitting on one upper chest strap. If you're interested I can send you photos but the straps are not on a back plate because I have the Hog harness on my back plate. Let me know what works for you. My e-mail address is: kennywek@aol.com.

Bill

I tried out my new HOG harness today hate it!

I used to dive my doubles with a transplate with a stainless backplate and a classic 360 wing. I was to heavy and ordered an aluminum backplate and oxychek hog harness from Edd at cave adventurers.

I threaded the webbing thru the backplate and spaced the d-rings. its not to bad to put on in the house when i take it to the truck, but when i have my drysuit on it is a totally different animal.

I put my left arm first since i wanted to make sure the valve didnt get damaged, then had a heck of a time getting my right arm thru. it was a nightmare getting the thing off also!

im not overly large by my judgments at 5'10" 200 lbs. and think im pretty flexible but is this part of the "HOG" harness or is there something im not doing right. i think i could even tighten it up a little more as i had a little wobble in it at depth. if i can get it figured out, im going to order a harness from dive rite with the quick disconnects

brett

for singles i still use my transplate with a stainless steel bp and rec wing

If you're convinced the Hog harness won't work out for you, the G2 harness from Golem gear is probably the most bombproof adjustable harness out there. Those buckles aren't likely to fail, even if you drop a set of doubles on them.

To help getting out of an OPH; try clipping off your long hose reg then using the hose to pull the RH shoulder strap completely off your shoulder. You should then be able to just simply pull your right arm out of the strap and the rest is easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom