I Hate 2 Strokes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you seen the chainsaw running a 350 small block? Cuts through a log in like a second. I'm sure you'll be able to find the video online somewhere.

I have a 250 etec on a 22' Dolphin
1. It gets AWESOME gas efficiency. I'll run it hard for a full day and barely go through a quarter of one of the tanks. (30 gal capacity each)
2. Starts everytime, easily maintained, quiet, no smoke, and safe.
2. It'll blow a dual mercury boat out of the water. Cruising speed at 60mph. :)

Two strokes have come a long way.

Wildcard:
One of these days Im going to drive by, see my dream vet 68-72 and buy it and I don't care what it's mpg is.....

My dream car too... With the 427 big block on a 4 speed and chopped side exhaust. Deafen those little rice burner kids. :)

A whopping 9 mpg! But I'd be happy with it. heh.

Well after a week of using this foul smelling engine and suffering the ill effects of it's exhaust fumes, I'll stand by my quiet, clean four stroke any day. In over 400 hours of using this engine, I have only "started" it while it was running - once. The engine has performed flawlessly the entire time.

This Yamaha 2 stroke was worse than my F350 diesel truck.

Only reason that I didn't have my boat was because I was in Baja working on a project.

OE2X:
Well after a week of using this foul smelling engine and suffering the ill effects of it's exhaust fumes, I'll stand by my quiet, clean four stroke any day. .

I just drove my new boat home from Guatemala yesterday. It's a 25 foot Panga style ( made in Guatemala) with a 90 E-TEC (two stroke). In 29 miles from Porto Barrios to Punta Gorda, Belize I only burned 5.4 gallons of gas. Then 47 more miles into 20-25 mph wind and 4-5 foot choppy seas and only burned 12 gallons. We were running 2000 rpms and not even on plane most of the time due to waves....not bad. And synthetic oil smells so gooooood....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom