I had to stop watching

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Other than kneeling on the bottom and letting the guy with Parkinson's operate the video camera it looks like a typical dive in Cozumel. They were using typical recreational gear and diving to recreational depths.

Sadly enough it’s common to dive like that in tropical places. For the guides it’s fun, like that dives last 20-40 minutes instead of 60-80 :wink:

Thanks for the feedback. Only dove Caribbean once in Mexico years ago. There were a couple of morons on the boat who had consumed alcohol prior to getting on the boat but nothing like the total idotic behavior and lack of training I saw in that video. I was considering booking a trip to Bonnaire with the local LDS but will go to their Lake Erie trip instead. I figure hard to expose your ass to everyone else when in dry suit temps. Thanks for the feedback. If this is common practice I have no interest in diving in the Caribbean again.

Other than kneeling on the bottom and letting the guy with Parkinson's operate the video camera it looks like a typical dive in Cozumel.

- humor -
Can confirm. Sighted two pods of them around 3pm today. The first was primarily large males and numbered 13 (might have counted one twice, even with exceptional viz I couldn't see them all at the same time) and the other appeared to be a multi generational troop with some juveniles. Those seemed more prone to try to take shelter against the coral and seemed to like the older ones were trying to coax them away.

Finning patterns included flutter, spasms, bicycle and the famous Remora where the larger diver hangs on and lets the adolescent do the towing like a miniature tugboat.

----

As divers we all started somewhere and without quality mentorship and training it's all too common to have unsafe dive practices and/or look like the underwater equivalent to an intoxicated chicken.

To answer the question directly:

I don't know the fellow divers in the video but I'm quite certain from a cinematic standpoint it isn't CGI or an heavily edited in post production.

Cameron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom