Question I got this BCD but

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mario007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I got this BCD but I can't understand how the weight pocket work, either is not compatible with Quick release or am I missing something?

Thanks for the help
16659210963943733332384526705868.jpg

Attachments

• 16659211359767457107174809849845.jpg
    16659211359767457107174809849845.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 71
So I can perform the emergency release is there any video that I can see that show how to handle emergency weight release with this type of BCD?

So I can perform the emergency release is there any video that I can see that show how to handle emergency weight release with this type of BCD?
That BCD has no way to carry weights and release them quickly. If you want to release your weights, you will need to use a weight belt.

Remember, those are NOT weight pockets - if you were to put weights in there, you'd have no way of quickly dumping them if necessary. Your weights will be completely separate from the BCD, on a belt, and the "quick release" would be ditching the belt.

From what I can see, that's just a pocket on the BCD, not a weight pocket. It's for things like a backup mask, dsmb etc but not weights. You will need to wear a weight belt separately.

Back
Top Bottom