I found the casket today :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruiser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
After looking for a year, I finally found it. Twice. 180 degrees from the stress/rescue pontoon dock.

It was about 58 degrees at 47 feet on the way to the casket, good viz at that depth.

Here's a few pics I took :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 52
Congratulations Cruiser! Wow! I hope I didn't have anything to do with this.

I am really kind of guarding the secret coordinates. I am still finding it difficult; but not impossible to believe that the coords are 180 from the rescue dock. For the record, I took coordinates from some different reference points so I don't specifically know the coords from the dock. Still, 180 doesn't quite sound right to me but maybe it is. What do I know?

I could believe you might have touched 47 ft. But the casket is not at 47 ft is it? A yes or no answer is sufficient. Nothing more specific.

Good pics! :14:

Thanks!!

Looks like I won't have to trade brownies for coordinates after all!:rofl3:

Rhonda

After looking for a year, I finally found it. Twice. 180 degrees from the stress/rescue pontoon dock.

Now, see what you've done! This is why you have to learn to guard certain pieces of information!

Now what am I supposed to do to get brownies ??? Huh? I ask you?

Now, see what you've done! This is why you have to learn to guard certain pieces of information!

I knew you were being very secretive about the whole thing, so...... I tried to get the coordinates from your friend Texdiveguy in a pm earlier today.

He wouldn't give them to me of course, so I had to bribe him with brownies.

I'm not proud of it, :shakehead:but he did agree to bring the coordinates to the fling!

I'll still bring the brownies, just in case 180 degrees from the rescue dock doesn't work. :D

Rhonda

Richerso--

I want you to have your brownies :) :) :)

It's not exactly 180 degrees, there's a variance and that's all I'm saying :)

No, the casket isn't at 47 feet. Since this trek was new to me, I stayed deep to check out the bottom. No vegetation, just depressions in the silt, like nests, although there were no fish using them and no eggs to be seen. Enjoyed it down there because the viz was really good.

Congratulations Cruiser! Wow! I hope I didn't have anything to do with this.

You renewed my interest in finding it :)

Great dive effort and pics!!!

Great dive effort and pics!!!

I knew you were being very secretive about the whole thing, so...... I tried to get the coordinates from your friend Texdiveguy in a pm earlier today.

He wouldn't give them to me of course, so I had to bribe him with brownies.

I'm not proud of it, :shakehead:but he did agree to bring the coordinates to the fling!

I'll still bring the brownies, just in case 180 degrees from the rescue dock doesn't work. :D

Rhonda

Trout --
Good to see you!

Rhonda -- It's all good. I can't believe you bribed TexDiveGuy :shakehead: I can't believe he accepted the bribe. Shame on you Tex :shakehead:
Well, okay, I might have accepted that bribe too. Brownies are good and I hear Yellowfin's brownies are extraordinary!

Yellowfin, I don't think I have met you before; but I have met Mr. KunkFish. We did a dive at Murray. I think it was February. I got to check out the Dragon Lair II. Very impressive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom