I finally dived Monastery!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those are beautiful conditions Michelle! I am JEALOUS. :)

Hmmm, I USED to dive with someone named Sarah before. Seems like the only time I hear from her now is on my computer screen. Or when she leaves a text message saying she overslept and won't be making it. :lotsalove:

When are you going diving with us again?

Michelle--

Your pictures are very nice. Especially the sunlight streaming through the kelp.

The nice guy who took me to S. Monastery brought a dolly with big sand wheels and 2 tables. We rolled our doubles down to the beach and set them on the tables.

I've seen a couple other images here with either the same tables or something very close to them. Mind if I ask what they are or a brand name?

Wow, what an amazing day! I was there too, in fact this was my first (Monterey) dive outside of BW/Met Fields. Holy. Moley. Canoli. It was beautiful. I knew that diving in kelp would be way cool, but I wasn't prepared for this. I won't soon forget the golden light that those beams streaming through the kelp produce.

It was nice to see you again, Michelle. I hope someday we'll manage a dive together! Great pics, too. I'm jealous- I missed that skate and the baby rockfish. And yes, it was Darth_Rahl (Jeff) that was with me. Also in the group was his girlfriend Jessica, but I don't think she's on SB (yet).

-Ben

I love diving under the canopy in calm conditions like that too!! The sun shining through makes it feel almost magical.

Yes, I hope we get to dive together sometime too. :D

Hmmm, I USED to dive with someone named Sarah before. Seems like the only time I hear from her now is on my computer screen. Or when she leaves a text message saying she overslept and won't be making it. :lotsalove:

When are you going diving with us again?

:maniac: OOOOUUUUCCHHHH! :maniac:

Actually, I thought it was you, Danno, that didn't want to dive with me. :(

micboucher:
I wish you were there too!

As for diving together, those kelp photos from Michelle made me realize how quickly I need to get my :mooner: out there to enjoy kelp diving before it all dies back. I am off to Mexico soon, but will be back for the next M&G and would love to dive with my buddies soon!!!!

I've seen a couple other images here with either the same tables or something very close to them. Mind if I ask what they are or a brand name?

Home Depot and Lowes have them.

PLEASE, don't show up at Point Lobos and litter the place up with those things. It's tough enough to back a trailer in without those things taking up space around the ramp.

Home Depot and Lowes have them.

PLEASE, don't show up at Point Lobos and litter the place up with those things. It's tough enough to back a trailer in without those things taking up space around the ramp.

Thanks.

As for Point Lobos - when we dove there on the 13th of June I didn't see one - lol. I think about 11 teams dove that day - all in all not too bad. Although I'm not sure where the fella with the zodiac type boat parked.

I am off to Mexico soon, but will be back for the next M&G and would love to dive with my buddies soon!!!!

No oversleeping at the next M&G ok. When I met you at Breakwater I was so excited to discover that other female divers existed. I've been too much looking forward to diving with you again, you just can't disappoint me like that! :wink:

We're considering where to go tomorrow (Point Lobos is full) and Monastery is one of the options. Is there a site somewhere that has predictions of how the surf etc. is going to be? We also wouldn't mind one about places like Coral Street Beach, & anywhere else diveable in the area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom