I finally bought a reg!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Well guys, I finally decided to buy a reg. I picked up a Scuba pro mk25/s600 tonight. Now if only I could use it. I won't be in the water again until the end of December. Oh well, it exciting to just look at it for now. And I did buy it at my LDS.

Congradulations on your purchase. I dive the same reg and I love mine.

Dive safe.

Chad

I checked out leisure pro when i got home and they were not that much cheaper. $125, but since I was told that the service kits for that reg runs about $40 it shouldn't take long to make up the difference.

cstreu1026 once bubbled...
I checked out leisure pro when i got home and they were not that much cheaper. $125, but since I was told that the service kits for that reg runs about $40 it shouldn't take long to make up the difference.

LP honors the same warranty as the mfg, including free parts for annual maint. They charge around $45. All you have to do is ship it back. I guess eventually, the shipping cost will add up and even up the cost, but would be like 10 years.

on the other hand, if i bought it from leisure pro, then i have to ship my reg back to NYC for service. 3 days there and three days back, plus however long it takes. Chances are, I will more than likely wait till last minute to get things done and that will just not work. besides then i don't get to chat about diving when ever i drop by my LDS.

I picked up a Scuba pro mk25/s600 tonight.

Excellent choice. I have one too and love it. Great breather and super durable. You can't go wrong with SP.

on the other hand, if i bought it from leisure pro, then i have to ship my reg back to NYC for service. 3 days there and three days back, plus however long it takes. Chances are, I will more than likely wait till last minute to get things done and that will just not work. besides then i don't get to chat about diving when ever i drop by my LDS.

That is if your LDS doesn't charge you an arm and a leg for labor on a reg overhaul. If they do, you won't be chatting with them for much longer.

Anyway, Scubapro recently lowered their price in the US, decreasing the price difference between LP and LDS. It was their price difference/inefficiencies between Europe and US that allowed gray marketers to thrive.

The only reason i could buy the scuba pro is because of the price drop. I would never have been able to swing the price at last years prices. Of course my second choice, an Atomic Z1, wasn't all that bad either. But for $100 more I have a top of the line scuba pro. Now all i have to do is come up with the money for a computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom