I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gotta love that metal wall sheathing!! At least that looks like what you are using! Lasts a long time and with current lumber prices, way cheaper in the long run. Not to mention, you should not have to paint or seal it. (I get tired of painting before I even find a brush)

I thought of metal, but that's wood sheathing. I was only going to replace two panels, but once the first one was up, I decided to do the rest of them to make it look consistent. The other two sides look OK. I'll need to redo the big barn doors and I've been thinking that process through.

Was hard to tell for sure from the pics. Lumber up here is nuts currently. Need to sheath the inside of the garage walls and priced 7/16" osb yesterday......$24 a sheet!!!!! Last July...$8!!! It's nuts. Hope all is well in sunny Florida, still snowing and 10*F here.

It's 54 right now, and we're looking for a high of only 60F. The Suwannee is in flood stage again, so all my favorite caves are blown out. :( :( :( It's supposed to be 35 tomorrow but in the 80s by Wednesday.

Speaking of the flooded Suwannee... this is the park just outside of Branford

upload_2021-3-6_8-53-54.png

This is about 22ft higher than it should be...

upload_2021-3-6_8-54-49.png

The flood is about to touch the witness pole. It has marks of all the past floods with the '48 flood being near the top.
Lighting was horrible that day, so sorry!

upload_2021-3-6_8-56-50.png

The floating bridge still has a way to go before it floats off of its pilings.
Usually, it's a steep ramp down to get on it

upload_2021-3-6_8-58-20.png

The boat ramp.
The water is now up into the parking lot​

We have river water intrusion into most of the caves. It sucks. No vis=No dive.

Any chance you and your daughter want to bury a sealed time capsule in the walls of your building to be discovered by future renovators? In previous renovations I had found newspapers from 1920 in one house and World War 2 lead up in another house.

Any chance you and your daughter want to bury a sealed time capsule in the walls of your building
I've thought about a skull or a skeleton. :D :D :D

Is that first photo of the steps at Little River, completely swallowed up to the first landing?!

In previous renovations I had found newspapers from 1920 in one house and World War 2 lead up in another house.

We put a newspaper from 9/11 in a remodeled wall of our last house. I always liked the idea of leaving stuff for future owners.

One of my nephews is an electrician. He picks up old magazines at garage sales and leaves them in hidden locations of construction projects to be discovered. It's a cheap hobby, I guess.

DC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom