I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today is day 5 of my 30 day spring swim challenge. @Moose took these awesome pics at Ichetucknee Springs while we were there today...

upload_2020-9-4_10-41-31.png

upload_2020-9-4_10-41-53.png

upload_2020-9-4_10-42-34.png

Today was an easy day and I only did 500 yds on snorkel and 100 yds mixed swimming. Yesterday, my nephew and I slid over to Jug Hole and I did about the same with a far, far longer walk. Unfortunately, on one of my free dives into the hole, I didn't equalize correctly. Horrid pain at 25ft (it's 30ish to the bottom) and that ended our swim. I'm already fighting an infection and this has left me with a headache and tiny amounts of blood in my snot. So, that's why I took it easy. The hole in the main swimming area is only about 15ft deep and I was able to descend that far without a problem, so that was good. I'm hoping I get back in through the weekend with labor day and all. I'm sure it will get crowded as heck later in the day, so going early is essential.

Wish me luck today... I'm going to attempt my first ever dovetails as I build the shelves under the cabinets and microwave.

Good luck on the dovetails!! Been my experience that a top notch jig and super sharp bits are the ticket, along with some setup practice on scrap pieces. Hopefully the ear situation sorts itself out. Stay safe.

Wish me luck today... I'm going to attempt my first ever dovetails as I build the shelves under the cabinets and microwave.

Hand cut and chiseled or router & fixture cut? It takes a lot of practice do hand cut dovetails but is a very satisfying job. Either way, don't try to learn on expensive hardwoods!

I'm using a Porter Cable jig and router. I will do a hand cut dovetail one day, but not for this. I've been distracted to putting wheels on my planter. We find a need to move it from time to time. Unfortunately, now that I've drilled the back legs for the axle, I see an issue. I will have to lift 50% of the weight to lift the front legs off of the ground. Move the wheels a third of the way forward, and I'll only have to lift a bit over 16% of the weight. 40% forward and I'll only have to lift 10%. I've got a design in my head for the front handle that will work well.

The shelf will look something like this... I think. Dovetails are not shown.

upload_2020-9-4_16-56-55.png

I will be putting two lazy susans on each of the outer shelves' There will be a 1/8" Luann on the back to keep things square. It will be stained dark to match the cabinets and be made out of #2 pine. All of the pieces have been cut... just working up the nerve to go figure out this jig. :D

... 40% forward and I'll only have to lift 10%.....
Never underestimate Florida's mother nature and her monthly 45mph raining wind to tip over plants. Simple drop/flip down legs can stop that 10% from tipping over.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom