I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

place looks Awesome!!!! nice work Pete!
Thanks Jason. I think you'll like it even more when you get to see it in person. Once the shop is done, then I get to start building for the house. The flat screen is on a little folding wooden table right now. I can see it in a nice bookshelf instead. I'll be redoing the cabinets for the kitchen and finally be able to install the dishwasher as well.

The shop has finally been skinned. It looks great. I redid all the initial panels but the very first. I cut the extra 1/2" off of each panel and using the jigs, they went up great. The final cut was a bit weird. It's obvious that the shop was not built square. Depending on what I get done, I'll start painting the floor either tomorrow or Monday. This is DEMA week and I plan on being there Thursday and Friday. I don't think my knee can take that hard concrete any more than that.

Fall is in full swing here this week. We got down to 35F: it was awesome! Ma~ and Silt love it and have become ultra cuddly. Especially Silt. She's still jumpy and acts afraid all the time, but she comes to sit on my when I sit or lie down. I took her out to the yard for the first time. Ma~ came up to protect her, I think. She was so nervous it was hard not to laugh. 10 minutes was 9:59 too long as far as she was concerned and she ran to the door at her first opportunity.

Place is coming along! Get that glass in the deco chamber. :)

One more thing... my water has the "bends". I don't think I've mentioned this before, but my water comes out quite cloudy and then it clears up. Literally. You see, there is an air pocket in my reservoir tank by the pump. The high pressure my pump puts out allows that air to dissolve into the water. When I draw a glass of water, the bubble form immediately, making it look cloudy as crap. Give it a couple of minutes and it clears right up... from the bottom to the top as the bubbles coalesce and rise. Here's a pic:

On a funny note, we had a different kind of blowout today. @Moose misread the tire on the little wagon we pull behind the mower. He read "80" where it was really 30 psi. We're taliking about things in the back of the shop, when we hear this loud "pop". We go to the wagon and the tire had completely bent the wheel to the point the inner tube extruded and popped. 2 phreakin phunni. I was in automotive for 3o years, have seen all sorts of tire failures, but I've never seen this. I've been teasing Dan about it all day. I wish I had taken a picture of the rim before I hammered it back into shape. 2 phreakin phunni.

How many square feet is the floor??? I have some Grey deck paint I bought a while back before they did away with oil based in NY. I may have enough and would gladly donate it to the "project". I no longer have a need for it.

Thanks for the offer, but the first coat is down now. It's about 700 ft2.

I forgot to upload pictures of the floor:

V8YqG3Nz9lA_aurUy-6dGAGnjkg3owAk5Hau6pjnfI4HBtnQg_GrCc0QMXKslcCWhE5YjWxgqzuV8Rw4Dw=w1224-h918-no.jpg

FVdNh1UI7b3_Z7Pu4mD5t3-1Rwg66S3UGUaIe-O-_UVRyAIuMV-XnoAwHJsqoHRKsVxoK9KTP8ad11UYiE=w1224-h918-no.jpg

I had to let it cure for at least 72 hours before I move the stuff over to the painted side and paint the rest of it. So today I installed the tow hitch on my Kia Niro and have almost finished the wiring for the trailer lights. I did try out some new door hardware to see if I can the barn doors to stay closed when I want to. It works, so I'm going to buy another set tomorrow for the other side.

3-8XXhN4L5XbU1BkVu7zyeuZ9l4feNeD-_ZpRnmUjlE1M9E_ICje8gZzSr8lyJ-yP-CwwGbCTm1fGNFUdE=w1224-h918-no.jpg

I forgot to upload pictures of the floor:

I had to let it cure for at least 72 hours before I move the stuff over to the painted side and paint the rest of it. So today I installed the tow hitch on my Kia Niro and have almost finished the wiring for the trailer lights. I did try out some new door hardware to see if I can the barn doors to stay closed when I want to. It works, so I'm going to buy another set tomorrow for the other side.

wow loving it!!!

I missed it, but is that sheetrock? If so, have you considered French Cleats? I wrapped my whole shop and office with them and can hang hundreds of pounds anywhere I want and move it without fasteners.
It's vinyl coated HDF, like they use in manufactured housing. They have a plastic spline connecting each one, so clean up is a breeze and I'll never have to worry about painting. :D I'm going to trim it out along the top and bottom with 1x3s and will probably but them in the corners as well. Probably they will be a clear pine with a clear varnish or lacquer. The entire shop will be employing a french cleat system, including any cabinets. I think they are cool and useful. I'm going to put a row of cabinets (next project) along the starboard side (with the RAS) that will have a butcher block counter top that will be the same height as my table saw. The RAS will lose its legs and be integrated with the countertop, keeping the same height as that table saw. Of course, I might sell that saw and get the Bosch GCM12SD articulated miter saw. Ohhhh, that's a sexy beast. Rather than running on sliders, the arm folds and can hold pretty tight to the wall. It can handle a 2x14 easily. If anyone wants to get me a Christmas present this year, this would be it:

Bosch_Miter_Saw_GCM12SD_Miter_Saws_(EN).png

First rule of Scuba: I won't be holding my breath!!! :D :D :D

wow loving it!!!
Wait 'till you see it in person, my friend. All my tool boxes will be lining the very back. I'll be ready when they get here.

Speaking of plans for the future, I want the back fence to extend the entire length of the approximate 24 ft countertop and I integrate a router insert where the table moves, not the fence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom