I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@rddvet , I was a doubter on the Claymore-Clawed-Cat too, but didn’t say anything because I once had a cat that survived eating my pantyhose, who’d believe that?
No I was not wearing them at the time.

Sanford Fl, I think it was in 72 or 73 just off of Celery St. It was my sister's cat and I have no reason to not believe her. I don't believe it was the cat's bite, but those back claws that did it. I was told the dog had her fur in its mouth. That cat was all muscle and fur.

While I don't doubt your sisters account of the story or her remembrance being what she believes to be true, I would say that the likelihood of her remembrance being factual is unlikely. From a medical standpoint it is far fetched regardless of being claws or teeth.

But I will digress, because as I said my opinion which is based on dealing with these things on a daily basis, is usually not popular. I should probably stick to my rule of keeping my experience out of people's stories.

No harm, no foul. It wouldn't be the first time sis got something wrong. She called me when it happened because she was pretty freaked.

While I don't doubt your sisters account of the story or her remembrance being what she believes to be true, I would say that the likelihood of her remembrance being factual is unlikely. From a medical standpoint it is far fetched regardless of being claws or teeth.

But I will digress, because as I said my opinion which is based on dealing with these things on a daily basis, is usually not popular. I should probably stick to my rule of keeping my experience out of people's stories.

Your professional opinion is welcome. Based on daily experience.

What is your opinion on cat owners who leave their cats outside, not inside with
a litter box?

Happiness is a warm, cuddly, and purring kitten on a chilly morning. It got down to 42F outside this morning. It's only 62F inside, but that brings out the cuddle in this kitty.

kNH1FiHNp9Rrzm01YBV17B-HS2cq_Y1EY5-fDVtF73wSCFItLdGYR0qq04Wt_8mb1eJuhL6A5Ykm6FCUBY=w1224-h918-no.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Pete the place is looking gooooood! very nice! need to build a fire pit....... this way i can freeload and make smores!

Wow Pete the place is looking gooooood! very nice! need to build a fire pit....... this way i can freeload and make smores!
Done. Next request. I'll take a pic tomorrow, so you know I'm not just saying that.

I've spent the last three days working on the shop. It took me waaaaay, waaaaay too long to install 4 panels on the starboard side and frankly, they just looked crappy. Very, very amateurish. Dan suggested that I need to make the panels a half inch shorter, and I agreed. The problem is keeping them a half inch off the ground is a lot harder than it needs to be. I needed a jig. So, I took a piece of half-inch plywood, cut it 2 inches by 48 inches and screwed it on the edge of a 2x12. I added a handle and now I had a 1/2" spacer.

That really helped, and the two panels that Dan and I installed looked GREAT!!! They were square, they slid into the splines OK, but it still took way too much effort and two of us. Dan wanted to cut down trees (He's a lumberjack, and he's OK!), and I wanted to work on the shop. So, then I thought about how things were (or weren't) going, and it occurred to me that the biggest problem was keeping the panel upright. Maybe another jig!?! I created a jig that I attached to the 2x4 stringers and kept the panel from buckling over. Using scraps, I made it give me a 1/2" play from the wall and I install it 49" away from the installed panel. Whoa! Freaking magic! I was able to install a panel in about 2/3s the time with just me. In retrospect, the biggest time consumer is measuring and cutting out the holes for the electrical boxes. Me? I like having all the outlets at a convenient height. Makes working around the shop easy.

SO8ZzV12kD8f7uXyUY5NHyCmuncqZgcsmPE-KrwcY5Ymi_kPuSt9mWgZEnAaT71s-hnNsZB24bFB15oetvs=w689-h918-no.jpg

Hh5JHlrP-UaJTA1Qw07ogAgW6ep_xeZKdRsXDh8iHJJ6_b7lS2RlhkNYcOceXHvttVMR1zcz60-SRg_iUs=w1224-h918-no.jpg

So, I got more done in the last three days than I have in a long, long while. Here's the update of how the shop is looking:

-SFWWBYcrsEHtPQdCz1_hWZnj05WO6hJfpkHw-7ojIu7NoXuHdgMbyGV4NY6Z4JGBeV-j3ciMDmMWkT92I=w1224-h918-no.jpg

Xb-hrzp23Y718Epjx7zJL4Byr5qIFQDia5FkaVqwX1F6JtG52QwA2VRxq6Nw00B00kuJsHfLWM-DTZSGqc=w1224-h918-no.jpg

I've decided to paint the floor a battleship grey. I want to finish paneling the shops before I start on the floor. Yes, I'm going to pull down the starboard side and start from scratch. Its OK if I need a few more panels. I want it to be RIGHT and not just 'gudenuf'. As @sphyon would say... "It looks less rapey".

One more thing... my water has the "bends". I don't think I've mentioned this before, but my water comes out quite cloudy and then it clears up. Literally. You see, there is an air pocket in my reservoir tank by the pump. The high pressure my pump puts out allows that air to dissolve into the water. When I draw a glass of water, the bubble form immediately, making it look cloudy as crap. Give it a couple of minutes and it clears right up... from the bottom to the top as the bubbles coalesce and rise. Here's a pic:

BXraTzOyCp64SR_Fe9j7nzSRY5mJ1rdletm_p6GaXLyfmoUyfv6reGq1yJSRt9tiLTLQPE3C-HX0WgCmrTs=w689-h918-no.jpg

On a funny note, we had a different kind of blowout today. @Moose misread the tire on the little wagon we pull behind the mower. He read "80" where it was really 30 psi. We're taliking about things in the back of the shop, when we hear this loud "pop". We go to the wagon and the tire had completely bent the wheel to the point the inner tube extruded and popped. 2 phreakin phunni. I was in automotive for 3o years, have seen all sorts of tire failures, but I've never seen this. I've been teasing Dan about it all day. I wish I had taken a picture of the rim before I hammered it back into shape. 2 phreakin phunni.

@rddvet , I was a doubter on the Claymore-Clawed-Cat too, but didn’t say anything because I once had a cat that survived eating my pantyhose, who’d believe that?
No I was not wearing them at the time.

A cat eating panty hose is not shocking and has been seen many a time. I took 52 quarters and 14 dimes out of a cat last year.

It's been fun watching Silt play "me too" with Ma~. She so want's to be a part of Ma~'s pride. She follows her everywhere she can and can't believe that Ma~ will go outside and seems to like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom