I Feel Like That When My Children Don't Answer their Cell Phones Too

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alec Baldwin undoubtedly did damage to his daughter that could last her whole life with that harangue. As a parent, he should have showed more restraint. He did a bad.

However, whoever leaked that conversation deserves to be horsewhipped.

And the media deserve to be censored for repeatedly playing the conversation on NEWS programs as well as entertainment/gossip shows. Please... that is NOT worthy of being reported as news. Let the tabloids (electronic and print) cover such crap. Give me real news on my 6:30 national news show. Please.

I'm a bit angry with NBC, the network that has long been my staple. First the Virginia Tech killer gets far too much air time on their network, and now this private cell phone call.

What is this country coming to? Is this crap playing in other countries as well? If it is, how do citizens of those countries feel?

Back to my video editing... and then karaoke. TGIF!

Oh, and I think I'll boycott all the films starring any of the Baldwin brothers OR Kim Basinger. Heck, I can't tell the boys apart so I might watch him by mistake.

then karaoke.

Off to the Galleon, perhaps?

CheddarChick:
I just can't stand his hyprocisy..I think the left leaning hollywood people practice such a "do as I tell you. not like I do" life it gets overwhelming. Any normal parent would get 2 hours with the Child protective services lady....

Having had contacts within the Hollywood community when I was teaching some of their kids, I can say from experience that both people on the left and those on the right can be poor parents, abandoning them to our care as if we were babysitters. This is not a matter restricted to the left and your post suggests skirting with the TOS.

catherine96821:
Off to the Galleon, perhaps?

You guessed correctly, but home early. It was packed with young college kids who still didn't know how to handle their alcohol (or sing for that matter). Not my crowd!

drbill:
However, whoever leaked that conversation deserves to be horsewhipped.

From what I gathered on the news, it was Kim herself who sent it to the media. And Alec is now temporarily barred from contacting his daughter.

Weren't they all supposed to have moved to Canada a while back since they disagreed so much with US politics? Lucky us... I guess they're baaaaaack. (much like Poltergeist).

CheddarChick:
I just can't stand his hyprocisy..I think the left leaning hollywood people practice such a "do as I tell you. not like I do" life it gets overwhelming. Any normal parent would get 2 hours with the Child protective services lady....
Why are you making this political? Is Charlton Heston not capable of hypocrisy? I hardly think the outburst is worth a visit from child services. I have seen and heard about far, far wose episodes of child abuse, some that end in death. Where is your perspective? And how does anyone know that Baldwin hadn't apologized to his daughter afterward. I've said some really bad things to my kid when I was full of rage for which I've apologized. But I hardly think the daughter would have been "scarred for life" because of his outburst, Bill.

This is incredible! Are parents, whether or not they are famous, not allowed to make a mistake? Would any of us be able to stand up under such microscopic scrutiny of our every action and escape unscathed? Like I said, Let he who is without sin..

Fairy, I hear you and respect your honesty.

The creepy thing about him is this pattern. He reminds me of OJ.

Sometimes people get so desperate having to deal with people like this....I can see why someone might release this, to be honest (I don't think I would...I am sure it hurts the child)

But...it's basically a threat. How do you stop a guy like this? maybe his reputation and earning power is the only way. I would say, this should cool his jets now. He can't exactly show up on *Friday for the day*, now...and terrorize the kid, now can he?

"scarred for life"
actually, I think it does. It's not the same thing, yelling at your kids and tearing them apart in a divorce. This is pretty common and people don't realize the damage they do to their children, pitting them against the other parent.

This man has a huge problem and shining the light on him might be the only way to stop him. Restraining orders don't have a very good track record.

I've been listening to my neighbor for a couple of years now.

catherine96821:
This man has a huge problem and shining the light on him might be the only way to stop him. Restraining orders don't have a very good track record.
Like I said before C, I don't really know enough about the man to make a judgement. I don't follow celebrity gossip, and even if I did, it is still not the same as really knowing someone. Based on some selective bits of information, one could come to really bad opinion about my son. But people who know him, know that would be a one-dimensional view of him, at the worst possible angle.

I pretty much make a judgement after hearing something like that, I admit it.

LOL, I specialize in snap-judgements, its true.

Having teenagers is trying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom