I Feel Like That When My Children Don't Answer their Cell Phones Too

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I spoke to my 11 yo daughter like that I would hope someone would lock me up.Its one thing to give your kid a talking to but that was nothing more than a selfish attack that was probably more directed at the mother....

But who hasn't yelled at the kid

..I really don't. (I've clobbered them every few years,)

My neighbor does this and it upsets us. We have to listen to it and my kids will come and ask me "mom...are you going to DO something?"

They think I can fix things...but I don't know how to handle it to be honest. The family is very nice otherwise but I think the dad drinks or something because these rants start late at night. We heard him calling his kid stupid for like two hours one night....that's not normal. But I don't report people...I just don't. I should.

??? You're joking right? Please tell me you are joking and that you don't really believe that was no big deal. I'm far from a perfect parent. I've yelled at my kids (often by design to get their attention and let them know that they have crossed a major line). I've lost my temper with my kids and have even said things that I regretted. But what he said and did is SOOOO far over the line. He was belittling and demeaning. He threatened to fly across the country to come get her. Oh, and he doesn't even know how old his kid is. Of course, his verbal abuse (it was child abuse) is why Kim Bassinger left him in the first place. And I loved his response. No "gosh everyone yells at their kid (for which he would have been crucified," or the more appropriate "I went over the edge and I am sorry." No. His response was merely "they got that tape illegally."

Scuba Do, in the response from him that I read he said these things...

"I'm sorry, as everyone who knows me is aware, for losing my temper with my child"
"I am sorry for what happened."

...in addition to his comments about how the tape was acquired. I'm not defending his actions, just wanted to point out that some accounts of his reaction to this piece do have him saying he's "sorry" like you wanted.

kari

Not a big fan of Alec "The Crusader" Baldwin...
Howevuh...

1- I have 13, 16, 17, and 21 year olds with phones... (the 13, and 16 yo phones were BIG mistakes)

2- Kim "I just bought a whole town" Bassinger is a flake...

3- Since when is it the rest of the world's business what Baldwin left on his daughter's v-mail, REGARDLESS of what it was???

Karibelle:
Scuba Do, in the response from him that I read he said these things...

"I'm sorry, as everyone who knows me is aware, for losing my temper with my child"
"I am sorry for what happened."

Kari:
Thanks. I'm glad to hear that he realizes how truly bad that was. This morning both CNN and FoxNews reported that the only response was that the tape had been obtained illegally. I wonder if his apology only came after the great negative reaction to his first response. If he did apologize immediately, I will withdraw that portion of my comment.

I just can't stand his hyprocisy..I think the left leaning hollywood people practice such a "do as I tell you. not like I do" life it gets overwhelming. Any normal parent would get 2 hours with the Child protective services lady....

And will he get punished??? No but he will probably go into rehab for alcohol abuse....

CheddarChick:
And will he get punished??? No but he will probably go into rehab for alcohol abuse....
Punished for what? Since you have both sides of the story, and know everything that led up to that phone call, could you enlighten us all?

1- I have 13, 16, 17, and 21 year olds with phones... (the 13, and 16 yo phones were BIG mistakes)

ugh...that's ugly!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom