I feel like i have a leak or I'm incontinent...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alot of good suggestions here, But you are getting older M. Maybe depends?

So you are a civilian now you can make diagnosis like this? LOL

Its a leak. Damn and only 4 months old. The leak is at the crotch seam junction. It is a seepage not a flow.

Sent from my DROID X2

No big deal. Some glue and possibly a patch and you are good to go! Of course you could send it in under warranty, but that would take more than the 10 minutes required to fix it.

In the UK there were two products that were in nearly every divers save a dive kit, Black witch neoprene glue, and aquasure.

Black witch is (if they still make it) about the best glue for wetsuits. Glued, dried, and back in the water later in the same day. It was good for rips and cuts, especially from rusty wrecks.

Aquasure was the equivalent for small leaks especially with (not so) dry suits. There must be many neoprene drysuits out there with it all over the seams. This might be all you need. However, if the suit is only 4 months old, take it back and shout!

Jon

Aquashure here is called aquaseal, and it is a great tool, when used in the right places! I hate when someone puts a seal on with it

I really have mixed emotions. I'm former quality control and understand that crap happens. But pinnacle has such a crappy warranty reputation who knows when it will get back to me. Which then really pisses me off. If I fix it myself then I void the warranty on a frigging new dry suit. I'm hoping for the best. Even if they say send it in we'll have it back to you in 10 days, I feel like in waiting for hope and change, which never came. Wouldn't it be nice if they told DRIS they would pay to have it fixed by them. I would trust DRIS to do as they say. Just damn

Sent from my DROID X2

---------- Post added April 30th, 2012 at 02:20 PM ----------

Mike sent me a RA#, allegedly Pinnacle is going to take care of it quickly. I will have to send it in next week. I don't know if they are going to pay for the shipping or not. :blinking:

Last edited:
Oh no!!!! I'm so sorry TNRonin! I've been following your dry suit purchase threads closely from the beginning as I was shopping for one at the same time. This really stinks. If I were in your shoes, I'd talk to DRIS and see what they suggest - they might be the best advocate for you and may deal with Pinnacle themselves and will make sure you get your suit back as promised. Best of luck!!!!! I hope you are back diving in your suit quickly.

ETA: I see you already did just that! Glad to hear that DRIS is helping you out.

Oh no!!!! I'm so sorry TNRonin! I've been following your dry suit purchase threads closely from the beginning as I was shopping for one at the same time. This really stinks. If I were in your shoes, I'd talk to DRIS and see what they suggest - they might be the best advocate for you and may deal with Pinnacle themselves and will make sure you get your suit back as promised. Best of luck!!!!! I hope you are back diving in your suit quickly.

ETA: I see you already did just that! Glad to hear that DRIS is helping you out.

Divegirl thanks for the comments its nice to know someone is listening. LOL
DRIS said I had to use pinnacle for the warranty fix. I called pinnacle and I'll be sending it in next week. It's going to suck being without.

Sent from my DROID X2

Divegirl thanks for the comments its nice to know someone is listening. LOL
DRIS said I had to use pinnacle for the warranty fix. I called pinnacle and I'll be sending it in next week. It's going to suck being without.

Sent from my DROID X2

LOL - I know what you mean.... And I hope that Pinnacle gets it back to you VERY quickly!

I ended up with a Bare Nex Gen (which is what I was considering from day 1, but did some comparison shopping before I pulled the trigger). Had my first day diving in it a few weekends ago and had a ball. Still working on my weight/buoyancy, but am so happy I went dry ASAP (my dry suit dive was the first dive post OW cert!). Here I am after a full day of diving:

562471_3781379258141_1386744161_33540326_1148055324_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom