I dived with Nelsons Dive Shop today..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rogersea

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Tongo Poiint Basdiot Moalboal Philippines
# of dives
I needed a break from boat maintenance athis morning and really wanted to make a pleasure dive. My DM and I luckily remembered that Nelsons Dive Shop leaves for their first dive at 9AM, fortunately we still had enough time to make it to Nelsons AKA Ocean Safari in time to catch the boat, and I am so happy that we did. Today we made it to Pescador Island and the second site we went to was aportion of Panagsama, close to Pacita's Disco.
It had been a while since I dived Pescador Island and I wasreally pleased with the condition of most of the corals, abundance of small reef fish(at 3 to 8 meters). We also spied a Frog Fish, octopus, some large sweet lips, a couple of large Snappers, a small school of 25 or so jacks and the remnants of the School of Sardines.. It seems like the number of surviving sardines might have gotten larger since the main school "disappeared" earlier this year.
The Second Dive off of South Panagsama was reallysurprising. In addition to several varieties of Lion Fish, Scorpion Fish, shrimp laden anemonies We got to see two Pygmy SeaHorses, a very large Giant Frog Fish(Black), Some Banded Pipe Fish, Sea Snake, and mypersonal favorite of the day a Juvenille Yellow Boxfish. This dive was a photographers delight, of course neither Jo ann or I brought our cameras :( ...

Nelsons boat crew and DM's were very helpful. I really enjoyed the day.. There were a small but diverse group of divers on the boat the group consisted of divers from Sweden, Australia, Japan, U.S.(me) and the Philippines. His boat is in decent shape and large enough to accomodate many divers but he runs even if he only has one.....

My boat maintenance will be done tomorrow morning and we will launch our boat at noon(if the manpower shows up).... Just in time for my friends from Malaysia who will be showing up very soon... :)

Cheers,
Roger

Good report Roger--sounds like the kind of diving we enjoyed week before last......you are real lucky to be where you are..:).....Have some of my UW pics up, click link below, they have Philippians in they titles(lol--have only downloaded 2 days of diving SD cards, out of 7, so far)...... gunna finish the WS dive in a day or 2 then will only have aboout 70% left......Thanks again for all your pretrip info---most actually wound up diving in swim suits & skins most of the time we were there........Joe

PS, the last evening there, Chris told me he had talked to you about me coming, wish I would have known earlier you were so close......

GEAUXtiger's photosets on Flickr

Hey Joe,

I am glad you enjoyed your trip... I paarticipated in a SSI Seminar with Chris shortly before your arrival. Yeah, my house is only a little over a half mile from Turtle B, and my boat and compressor room is about a quarter mile from the resort along the shore line...

We are still planning on putting my boat back in the water at noon today and I hope to post some pictures of the process tomorrow... checked out a few of your pics on FLickr looks great!!

Cheers,
Roger

Back
Top Bottom