I "Discovered" the best dive shop in the N.O. Area today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll have give him a call, its over an hour away from where I am at. If for some reason I need to make a trip to New Orleans Ill will make a point to stop by.

It is a nice place to get gear...especially if you're a Zeagle fan. I was in there the other day just window shopping, getting ready for X-mas...
A couple of years ago, I was looking to get my daughter a computer and found the exact one that I had bought for me from Scuba toys. When I mentioned what I paid for mine, they matched the price right on the spot so that they would get the sale. Good people to deal with.

I'm moving to New Orleans next week. I'll definitely give this dive shop a look-see.

What I really need is to find someone who can *reliably* service ScubaPro regs. Any advice on where to go for that?

The best Scubapro service is probably in Slidell at Coral Reef. I have dealt with all the others and find Coral Reef to be the best. They completely redid a set of my regs that had spent a few days in Katrina floodwaters. The beat hands down all the other prices, and were very timely and professional. Just my opinion.
Arch are you staying in New Orleans or Visiting???

I'll be staying in the area for at least a year... I guess I'm gonna have to drive to friggin' Mississippi or Alabama to do any diving.:(

Thanks for the info about Coral Reef, I'll be checking them out too I suppose.

archman:
I'm moving to New Orleans next week. I'll definitely give this dive shop a look-see.

What I really need is to find someone who can *reliably* service ScubaPro regs. Any advice on where to go for that?

Caribbean Dive Shop is a SP retailer, and they did a good (but slow) job servicing my Sherwood regs.

Post-Katrina, it's hard to get anything fast from anybody. But, it seems to be getting better. Robbie's suggestion is probably the best. I have a unreasonable bias against SP.

Another option is Underwater Works in Daphne? AL. Suprbugman dives SP he got from there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom